Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emanen

Programs keep shutting off

TV keeps returning to channel screen while watching programs. Happened first using Pureflix app. Thought it was just Pureflix but then it happened again while using Philo.  No idea how to fix this.

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
OMGi
Reel Rookie

Re: Programs keep shutting off

I’m having the same issue with Netflix and AirPly 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Emanen @OMGi

Thanks for the posts.

Could you tell us how your Roku device is powered? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
OMGi
Reel Rookie

Hey Kariza,

have the Hisense Roku tv so everything is already programmed into the tv.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Thanks for the reply, @OMGi

Can you please provide us the following information for further investigation:

-Roku TV model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
senji
Reel Rookie

Five minutes or so into a program it shuts off and switches back to the menu page.  This happens on any channel we try to watch.  The Roku is plugged into a wall outlet.  We have a Sony TV.

0 Kudos
Clutz

Netflix keeps cutting off after 10 minutes. 

0 Kudos
Clutz

@Clutz wrote:

Netflix keeps cutting off after 10 minutes. 

0 Kudos
kla104

I'm having the same issue. Roku express is plugged into a wall outlet and connected to my Magnavox TV via USB. I called my internet provider, they switched me to 2.4G since they said that some streaming devices aren't compatible with 5G internet. It didn't fix the problem. I tried restarting it, searched for system updates of which there weren't any and it's still doing the same thing.

0 Kudos
senji
Reel Rookie

Turned on the TV and Roku.  Went to settings>system>about and wrote down all the information.  I was prepared to hit the Home and Back buttons.  Watched two different channels for almost an hour.  It seems to be working fine.

Maybe it is because we hadn't watched TV for the last week or so, since TV isn't an important part of our lives.  Who knows!!!

0 Kudos