Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Prime Video App won't show UI/menu through composite cable with Roku Express+

We have a Roku Express+ connected to my old CRT tv with composite cable.
Other apps I've tried seem to work, but when I try to open the Prime Video app then the user interface/menu won't show up. It only shows the logo for "Prime Video" - and if I press buttons to move left or right, then the screen flashes to a black screen or flashes back to the "Prime Video" logo. I can't seem to make any selections without it being shown.
I've tried switching the display to 16:9, but same problem.
I've checked to make sure roku is updated, and that the app is updated. Both are updated.
I also have a small flatscreen tv in another room, so I plugged it into that tv with an HDMI cable. With that HDMI connection, then the menu did show and I was able to select things.

It could be the new selection menu for Prime Video Profiles that isn't showing correctly with a composite connection, but I have no idea honestly. Even when I try to blindly select things, it still won't bring any kind of menu on screen.

I would like to keep using my Roku Express+ on my older tv, so hopefully there is an update soon.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Prime Video App won't show UI/menu through composite cable with Roku Express+

Same issue prime flashes and then I get a black screen. Tried prime on a smart TV and works fine. It did update though before it worked. So assuming the update was the problem, I contacted prime support and they told me to contact Roku that it was on Rokus end.

All other channels work. I have tried restarting multiple times, removing the channel, restarting and adding it back, also multiple times. Roku update says it has the latest updates.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Prime Video App won't show UI/menu through composite cable with Roku Express+

I have the same problem. Did you find a fix?

0 Kudos