Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imemine
Roku Guru

Re: Changing Themes PLEASE STOP

Jump to solution

Thank you!❤️

0 Kudos
kccat5
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I don't have an off switch for them to stop changing my themes or wallpapers. I'm using a Roku stick on my LG and all I see are theme packs there's nowhere on there for me to switch on and off

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@kccat5 

Disable seasonal themes: Settings/Theme/Seasonal Themes=off

Change theme/wallpaper:  Settings/Theme/Theme packs or Settings/Theme/Wallpapers

kccat5
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanx. I couldn't find it. 

Will this stop Roku from throwing those ugly Disney themes up?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@kccat5 

It will stop most - but not all - UI changes (themes/screensavers/wallpaper/UI menu)

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yes it worked for me haven't seen any of those stupid themes since

0 Kudos
ice-nine
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same problem with my Roku Streaming Stick+.  It keeps changing themes when there's some promotion, like a new Disney+ show.  I'm sick of this. I have a password set for channels so I don't get the usual Roku forced channel installation. Still no luck.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ice-nine

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that seasonal themes are enabled by default. You can disable them using the following instructions.

1. Open the Themes menu using steps 1 through 3 from above.
  2. Select Seasonal themes.
  3. Select Off to disable seasonal themes (or select On to enable them).

For more information about themes, visit our Support page here: Change the theme pack

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ice-nine
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

"Seasonal themes" is not exclusively seasonal. I've seen my theme changed on occasion in order to promote some channel content I do not subscribe to. For instance, Buzz Lightyear Disney+ promotion changed my current theme to a space theme, not long after the expected "Seasonal theme" change.  I've now disabled "Seasonal themes" and hope these will also prevent Roku from changing my theme to correspond with some channel promotion Roku is pushing.

This is the very last Roku I'll every buy. They were great devices when they first launched, but have degraded in terms of quality, never ending sign-in issues, and the ever increasing amount of advertising.  They're cheap, which is why I bought my Streaming Stick+, but I'd rather pay more for a better device that has better support of channels and respects the customer's preferred experience. 

0 Kudos
wudnutt

Re: why does ROKU change my theme!!??!?!?!

Jump to solution

ROKU:   STOP    changing my **bleep** THEME !!!!  If want the Theme changed I will change it !!

0 Kudos