Premiere+ Keeps Downgrading on it's own to 9.3 from 9.4
I have a Premiere+ 4630rw and really wanting to take advantage of the airplay features that it is supposed to have.
I can manually update to version 9.4 and airplay works, but then the point anywhere remote doesn't. If I restart (via unplugging, using my phone as a remote, or using my older premiere's RF remote), I find the software has decided to downgrade on its own to 9.3 thereby removing the airplay functionality.
This also happens if I leave the Roku running after the update to 9.4 overnight. I get back on the next day and it's back down to 9.3.
What the heck is happening here? How can I keep the new OS sticking so I can take advantage of the advertised features that drove my decision to upgrading to this version over my (~5 year old) original Premiere? This is incredibly frustrating.
Re: Premiere+ Keeps Downgrading on it's own to 9.3 from 9.4
There may be an issue updating the remote's firmware: Check the current firmware version of the remote (Settings/Remotes & devices/Remotes/<remote name>/About (most WiFi Direct remotes should be on firmware version 2.01.19.108)
Otherwise, it sounds like there may be an issue with the WiFi Direct ("Device connect") or general network stack configuration.
1) On 9.3.x, reset your network settings (Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset/Reset connection)
2) After restarting, upgrade to 9.4.x (Settings/System/System Update/Check now)
3) Verify "Device connect" is enabled: (Settings/system/Advanced system settings/Device connect=enabled)
4) If the voice remote still doesnt work on 9.4, reset network settings as per 1)
5) If none of that works, and the remote still doesnt work/9.4 upgrade wont hold, there is the option of a factory reset
6) Barring 5), message @RokuDanny-R (provide him with your account email/model #/device ID/serial #/location and a brief description of the issue - trying to upgrade to firmware 9.4 to take advantage of AirPlay2, but you lose access to your voice remote and it keeps reverting to 9.3)