Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt01489
Level 7

Powering off

My roku box turns on for approx 5 second then turns off. It's about 1 year old. Any help please? Tried on desperate tv with different cables

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
AChanceFind
Level 9

Re: Powering off

If it's completely losing power it could be the power supply (the wall adapter  on the power cord) that has gone bad. I have had this happen once with a very old Roku years ago and it sometimes happens with other devices too. You can order a new power cord by going to Roku.com and look up by your model number or do a search on Amazon with your model to buy a new one (even generic ones work well and are not too expensive.)

If your Roku is connected to USB power on the TV but you also have the wall adapter and never used it then try the adapter.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Powering off

Is your Roku device powered by plugging it into a USB port on your television? The ports on many televisions only supply 0.5 amp, which is not enough to power a Roku reliably.

It is recommended that you power your Roku device via the power adapter that came with it, plugged into your house power. If your cord plugs into a USB connector but you no longer have the adapter that came with your device, you may have another one handy that can be used -- just make sure the tiny print on it confirms it has a 5 volt dc output of at least 1 amp.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos