Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwhewitt
Level 7

Poor Quality JBL Earbuds w/ Roku Ultra. What happened?

Santa gave me a new Roku Ultra for Christmas. It came with a pair of JBL earbuds (supposedly $39 value). OMG! The earbuds are junk! Tinny. Shrill. No bass. I remember JBL as a reputable brand. What happened? The $7 JVC earbuds I bought at the box store blow the JBL earbuds away. Anyone have similar experiences? Did I just get a bad pair? Can Roku give me a pair of earbuds that sound halfway decent?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Poor Quality JBL Earbuds w/ Roku Ultra. What happened?

I own a couple JBL Bluetooth speakers, and they're great.. maybe they're a bad set of buds, or maybe the connection to your remote is bad, causing an incomplete connection. Are you sure they're completely plugged in?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
rwhewitt
Level 7

I am using the JBL earbuds with my iPad. They are plugged into the headset jack of my iPad. Have not used them with the Roku Ultra remote. Aren't they just earbuds that can be used in any audio device?
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"rwhewitt" wrote:
I am using the JBL earbuds with my iPad.  They are plugged into the headset jack of my iPad.  Have not used them with the Roku Ultra remote.  Aren't they just earbuds that can be used in any audio device?

Yes. But a good troubleshooting step would be to ensure they work with the Roku. If they do, then the audio plug on the iPad could have an issue. If they don't work (or exhibit the same issue) on the Roku, then the earbuds are bad and you may wish to seek warranty replacement (provided they aren't damaged, of course).
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos