Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jontalk
Roku Guru

Please help: Ultra 4670R loops after updating

I recently purchased a reconditioned Ultra 4670R and after updating the boot up screen goes into a loop and never returns to the home page. I've tried power cycling it several times and each time it does the same thing. Is this a hardware or software problem? Is it DOA or is there a work around?

Thanks

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Please help: Ultra 4670R loops after updating

@jontalk wrote:

I recently purchased a reconditioned Ultra 4670R and after updating the boot up screen goes into a loop and never returns to the home page. I've tried power cycling it several times and each time it does the same thing. Is this a hardware or software problem? Is it DOA or is there a work around?

Thanks

Some people with this problem have reported success by using a wifi hot spot on their mobile phone as the internet connection. If/when it completes the update successfully then they could switch it back to using their home wifi network.

If you don't have a phone hot spot available you could take it to a friend or neighbor's and try using their wifi for the update.

Note: this has not been universally successful, but many people have reported it worked for them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Thanks.

I have a wired network so its unlikely the data connection. It appears from other posts that its not uncommon either. The device recognizes the remote and data connection, receives the update rapidly, then goes into an endless bouncing Roku loop. I've tried the hard reset button several times to no avail. Using logic, if it were a hardware problem it most likely wouldn't get as far as the updating. I'd love to figure out how to get it to work though.

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Try a factory reset.  Hold the reset button in for no less than 30 seconds regardless of what appears onscreen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Thanks...did that several times and then chatted with support for additional troubleshooting. After taking the serial number he filed a request for a replacement so I'm waiting to hear from Roku processing.

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
0 Kudos