Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strega
Roku Guru

I would start by going to settings->system->about and making sure that the email address listed there matches your roku account.

Twiin

Smh at self so email address is so incorrect on my tv. I cant see how to change it on the tv. Please help thanks. 

@Strega wrote:

I would start by going to settings->system->about and making sure that the email address listed there matches your roku account.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Twiin wrote:

Smh at self so email address is so incorrect on my tv. I cant see how to change it on the tv. Please help thanks. 

@Strega wrote:

The email shown via Settings > System > About is the one associated with the Roku account to which the Roku TV is linked.  If this is not your email address there are two ways I can think of for this to happen.

1. The set had already been set up on somebody else's account, returned without wiping its memory, then sold to you.  When you set it up you'd have to configure it to connect to your home network, but would not be prompted to link to a Roku account because it was already linked to the other person's account.   Or ...
  2. When you attempted to link your Roku TV you somehow ended up at a scammer's website disguised to fool you into thinking it was the real Roku link site.  If you attempted to enter a link code, were told it failed, and were directed to go to a different website or to call a phone number, this was a scam site.  The information you gave them allowed them to set up a Roku account for you so your tv started working and you were none the wiser.  But they control the account, not you, hence the unfamiliar email address.  If you gave them your payment information they will be able to use it at will, so watch your credit card or bank account very closely and dispute any bogus charges the scammer's may hit you. Note that the scammer may disguise the charge to look like it came from Roku.

In either case you will need to link your set to your own Roku account.  Perform a factory reset (Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset) and set it up anew as if it just came out of the box.  If you already have a Roku account of your own you'll have the opportunity to link to it, if not you'll be prompted to create one.

IMPORTANT!  Note, if you are directed to go to roku.com/link to link your new device, type it in very carefully and verify that you actually do go there.  Otherwise you can end up at a scammer's fake Roku site.  If you end up at ANY non-roku.com site (other than the https://my.roku.com/link that you'll get redirected to), back out and try again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Malven

Re: How to find or change my Roku pin code

Jump to solution

I forgot my pin

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Malven

Thanks for the post.

Please see my previous post for more information.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fancyspark670
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Can’t remember what my pin was. 

0 Kudos
Fancyspark670
Reel Rookie

Re: How do I find out my PIN Code

Jump to solution

Can’t remember my pin code to add new series

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Reset it here:  https://my.roku.com/account/pin

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Fancyspark670,

Thanks for reaching us.

We suggest checking your Roku account email address directly to your Roku device by going to Settings > System > About then please check this link to update or create a new Roku pin code: How to create or update the PIN for your Roku account.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Grandma65

Jump to solution

I recorded my PIN when I signed up....not accepting it

It also says to use another email...I don't have another email.

0 Kudos