Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crystalyn53
Level 7

Pin

Every time I try to add a channel, Roku asks for a pin. I specifically do not want to use a pin and I made sure to update that at roku.com. It doesn’t matter, it still keeps asking for the pin. I have never even entered a pin before. What can I do?

3 Replies
Strega
Level 12

Re: Pin

I would start by going to settings->system->about and making sure that the email address listed there matches your roku account.

Twiin
Level 7

Smh at self so email address is so incorrect on my tv. I cant see how to change it on the tv. Please help thanks. 

@Strega wrote:

I would start by going to settings->system->about and making sure that the email address listed there matches your roku account.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

@Twiin wrote:

Smh at self so email address is so incorrect on my tv. I cant see how to change it on the tv. Please help thanks. 

@Strega wrote:

The email shown via Settings > System > About is the one associated with the Roku account to which the Roku TV is linked.  If this is not your email address there are two ways I can think of for this to happen.

1. The set had already been set up on somebody else's account, returned without wiping its memory, then sold to you.  When you set it up you'd have to configure it to connect to your home network, but would not be prompted to link to a Roku account because it was already linked to the other person's account.   Or ...
  2. When you attempted to link your Roku TV you somehow ended up at a scammer's website disguised to fool you into thinking it was the real Roku link site.  If you attempted to enter a link code, were told it failed, and were directed to go to a different website or to call a phone number, this was a scam site.  The information you gave them allowed them to set up a Roku account for you so your tv started working and you were none the wiser.  But they control the account, not you, hence the unfamiliar email address.  If you gave them your payment information they will be able to use it at will, so watch your credit card or bank account very closely and dispute any bogus charges the scammer's may hit you. Note that the scammer may disguise the charge to look like it came from Roku.

In either case you will need to link your set to your own Roku account.  Perform a factory reset (Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset) and set it up anew as if it just came out of the box.  If you already have a Roku account of your own you'll have the opportunity to link to it, if not you'll be prompted to create one.

IMPORTANT!  Note, if you are directed to go to roku.com/link to link your new device, type it in very carefully and verify that you actually do go there.  Otherwise you can end up at a scammer's fake Roku site.  If you end up at ANY non-roku.com site (other than the https://my.roku.com/link that you'll get redirected to), back out and try again.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos