Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lbn9015
Reel Rookie

Photo Streams Screen Saver

Roku…not sure where to post feedback about your Photo Streams App but I promise people would be using it MUCH more if the following issues were addressed. 

1.  Ten photos per upload and 100 per stream makes it very hard to keep track of where you were in your photos 

2.  The “random” photos repeat very quickly…like maybe only 20 - 30 photos are grabbed instead of the entire library. 

3.  There’s a few photos that keep showing up like they’re a favorite being added 

4.  Music can’t be played on a separate app. This should probably be number 1.  

We went all in on Roku’s but having a screen saver is important enough to go back to Firesticks which also allow URL browsing. I’d like to stay with Roku and these should be fairly simple fixes. I hope someone actually sees this and passes it on to the proper department. 

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
mh2100

Re: Photo Streams Screen Saver

Yes - only 20 or 30 photos are shown.  Definitely a bug in the photo randomization.  Why enable upload of more than 20 photos if you aren't going to show them?  Please fix this.

RokuMel
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello community users!

Thank you for posting at the Roku community.

We understand that you're having troubles using the photo stream features on your Roku device/Roku TV. Please follow these steps below to make sure that you've set it up properly:

1. Press Home home button on Roku remote on your Roku remote
  2. Use the directional pad to move to the right and highlight the Photo Streams channel. The directional pad is plus-shaped and is in the center of your Roku remote.
  3. Press OK OK button on Roku remote to launch the channel
  4. Each row is an individual Photo Stream. Move down the screen and find the stream you want to view.
  5. Select a photo to see it larger
  6. Select Slideshow to see all images in the stream

During a slideshow, each photo appears for 10 seconds and the stream loops in a random order.

You'll want to check this article to help you fix your issue: How to use Photo Streams on your Roku® streaming device

Keep us posted so that we can assist you further!

Warm regards,

Mel

Mel
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lbn9015
Reel Rookie

So it INTENTIONALLY won’t scroll ALL photos and there’s no options to change that?  The only reason I have more than one stream is the photo count limitation.  Why would I add any pic to my screen saver if I didn’t want to see it?  

The uploading process is HORRIBLY inefficient. I actually bought an Apple TV to overcome how horrible this app but it has compatibility issues with other devices. My loyalty to Roku goes as far as someone else making a better product. 

Try to get an upper manager or maybe one of your parents make this work. It’s awful. 

Because you can only load 20-25 pics at a time it’s nearly impossible to keep track of where you left off. 

The stream size needs to be unlimited and you should be able to choose as many photos as you’d like when uploading. If there is a cost concern, there’s a money making opportunity here. Limit some fixed free size of space then allow users to pay extra for more space.  Make it reasonable and I’d be happy to pay.