Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Corgi_Daddy
Reel Rookie

Photo Stream (screensaver) Censorship

I recently started using Photo Stream for my screensaver. I uploaded pictures for 4th of July. I used a variety of images from different places such as Social Media, the Web, my own Personal Photos and ect. Today I went to add more photos and to my surprise, one of the images had been removed due to not meeting Roku’s standards. First, I don’t understand what was wrong with the picture since it was of the US Military on some down time. There was NO Nudity (they didn’t have a lot on obviously due to the heat in the desert as seen all around them), NO Obscene Words, NO Racial Intent (there were several different ethnicities together) and NO Sexual Situations. Second, why are My Personal Photos being looked at by Roku or anybody else? These should only be seen throughout my home. How is my Screensaver anybody else’s business? To my knowledge, my photos are not public. What is the reason for reviewing and removing them? I really would like to know, especially since the photo in question was something I found on Facebook and meets their standards. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Photo Stream (screensaver) Censorship

Yes, it's nonsense.  I paid for the Roku service when I bought the TV and I should be allowed to put anything I want on it.  My Photostream is not meant to be public, so of what concern is it to the gatekeepers of Roku as to what I have on it?  Not that I would deem any of it offensive to begin with.  Simply ridiculous.

andyross
Roku Guru

Paid for Roku service? Roku itself is free. Is there a charge to use Photo Stream?

0 Kudos
Qwq1
Binge Watcher

Yes i think it is bull it is for me And not anyone else.

If some skin is shown or nipples It is no big deal!

You should see some of the stuff Any one can see on YouTube, Any body part LOL And People cutting in to others lot's of blood

It's not your job to censor me or others

Any one can find tools to block content for your kids That is your job as Parents & no one else

JohnDeer
0 Kudos