Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RStanley
Reel Rookie

Performance Issues Since 10.5 Upgrade

Model: Premiere+ (4630x)

Software: 10.5.0 Build 4167-29

Since upgrading to 10.5, performance of the unit has degraded significantly. Moving between menu options and channels on the home screen takes 3-5 second per click, sometimes significantly longer. Loading of all channels is also 2-3 times slower than prior to upgrade, causing some channels to time out and not load, or not function correctly after loading. 

I have checked for updates and restarted the unit (both software and power reset) multiple times. I also replaced the remote batteries, just to make sure it wasn't something that simple. 

Any help would be appreciated.

19 REPLIES 19
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Performance Issues Since 10.5 Upgrade

Not looking forward to that update on my devices in the UK if that's a common problem.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
TexasR1
Reel Rookie

I have the same issues on my 4630X-Roku Premier+ Software version 10.5.0 build 4167-29.

It's like the processors pegged out and the commands are buffering. Sometimes it will suddenly execute buffered commands all at once. It has been difficult to use since the upgrade!

Anathera
Reel Rookie

I've had the same issue with channels really slow loading or just kicking back to home screen. The update they did on the 28th seems to help somewhat but it is still very slow buffering and the picture quality is degraded.  I tested this between the Netflix on my Smart TV and then the Netflix in Roku, also tested the same way with Prime. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We would recommend trying to remove the SD card, reboot the device, and see if there's any difference.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TexasR1
Reel Rookie

Hi,

Issues still continue. Roku is difficult to use.

4630x-Roku Premiere+

s/n yr002a643250

10.5 build 4167-29

TexasR1
Reel Rookie

After re-installing the sd card, the issue is marginally better. Maybe something about the update does not like certain sd cards. I will try a new card.

RStanley
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R,

Thank you for your post. I followed your suggestion to remove the micro-SD card and, in the testing I've done this evening, the bulk of my performance issue has been corrected. The steps I took are below:

- Unplugged the unit and removed the micro-SD card

- Plugged the unit back in and allowed it to boot fully. I did quite a bit of testing at this point and the system performed normally.

- Unplugged the unit and reinserted the micro-SD card

- Plugged the unit back in and allowed it to boot fully. I repeated my testing and the system performed near normal. There is still intermittent lag moving between menu options and channels, but it is much less frequent than before and the delays are shorter. Also, channels that were not loading or functioning correctly before all appear to be working normally now. 

Again, I appreciate your suggestion. This has made the unit usable again. 

Robert

daytect

I had the same issue.  After many attempts to fix the problem, I reset the unit back to factory default settings and this solved the problem.  It maybe worth a try.

0 Kudos
istrash
Reel Rookie

Hello. Have you had any luck? I’ve been having issues since two days ago and customer service is no help. I’ve done every reset and nothing. 

0 Kudos