Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anathera
Reel Rookie

Re: Performance Issues Since 10.5 Upgrade

From what I've seen, the issue seems to be with the Roku Premiere+ (4630X).  Haven't seen any other devices listed in this thread.  The unplug, remove SD card, plug in and restart normally then unplug, reseat SD card, plug in and start seemed to work for me,  too.  I can get the channels to load now, even if they are a bit slow, better than it was before performing these steps. 

0 Kudos
sanman202
Channel Surfer

They probably halted the update due to some issues, because I still have not received it yet. Their streambar is also not very good with the current software. 

0 Kudos
Am92
Reel Rookie

Both of my Roku’s quit working at the same time. 10/20/21.  Serial numbers:

S0082030VEP2

X00400S7DJAX

ive restarted the Roku’s multiple times and the router. It has issues connecting to WiFi every the the strength is excellent. Then when it does connect, it won’t stream anything, it just loads or buffers.  I even tried factory resetting one and it still won’t connect.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Am92

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Makguy

My issue with the Upgrade is Video degraded and not as sharp as prior to upgrade. I am still receiving Excellent bandwidth as before so nothing has changed on my end.  Put me back to the previous OS. Thanks

0 Kudos
rmcombs3
Reel Rookie

I am only having this problem with my Ulta LT devices. My Roku stick is working fine. I have rebooted the devices, both by unplugging and by going thru the menu. I rechecked the update. It did appear to do some loading. I again reset the roku and the only apps that work are YouTube TV and Netflix. Disney, Discovery and Hulu all do not work. So basically the problem is not resolved or changed at all. I don't have SD card in either of my Ulta LT.

0 Kudos
vi2

Roku released a rollback update for certain devices that downgrades the OS from 10.5 to 10.0 for the time being since Roku is aware of the issues users had with the 10.5 update.

0 Kudos
Gary-94080
Roku Guru

@vi2 wrote:

Roku released a rollback update for certain devices that downgrades the OS from 10.5 to 10.0 for the time being since Roku is aware of the issues users had with the 10.5 update.

unfortunately the rollback to 10.0 has rendered the Roku Media Player audio player useless to me.  it took almost a year and a half to get it fixed when 10.5 was issued.

0 Kudos
wjtaggart
Binge Watcher

Got the 10.5 update maybe 20 days ago, some hiccups, cosmetic and otherwise. Got the rollback to 10.0 maybe a week ago. Last night, the system updated itself to 10.5.0.4208.30

haven’t seen any issues yet save one, which seems cosmetic: all over-the-air channels have a signal strength of only one bar, where on the previous system I had between 2 and 4 bars. This doesn’t seem to affect the quality of broadcast. And, this signal strength problem existed on the previous 10.5 rollout. 

0 Kudos
getjams
Reel Rookie

My TCL Roku TV got an auto update last night to a new build of 10.5 (build 4208-30) and it is now working fine. I had to do the rollback to 10.0 prior to last night's update.

0 Kudos