Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Pause live TV

I have a ROKU Streaming STICK + that I have had a couple of years and can't seem to get the pause live tv to work. It seems to work on any ON demand shows but not live TV. I installed a 16GB USB thumb drive but did not help. I read a couple of articles on the internet that looks like this has been a problem in the past. If I bought a new ROKU device would this problem be fixed. I there is fix to the one I have I would like that better.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Pause live TV

If you could pause it it wouldnt be Live TV.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Roku devices in and of themselves have no provisions for saving a buffer of incoming signals which would allow pausing and restarting live tv, so buying a new Roku won't change this.

Some services you use on the Roku which include live tv may provide such a service, but that would involve buffering the signal on their server and then feeding it to the Roku when you resume the program.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

If you read somewhere that installing a thumb drive enabled pausing live tv on a Roku it was on a Roku tv only. Roku consoles and sticks don't allow for lIve tv paused or otherwise. 

Edmund
0 Kudos