Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password for my device

Hello all! I was wondering 2 things... 

1) Can I set a password on my Roku so that others sharing the same wifi cannot connect to it? 

2) Is there a way to register Roku products with the company like you can with other items you purchase (laptops, cameras, etc)?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Password for my device

@londons_mum 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend setting up a PIN for your Roku account.

For more information about a Roku PIN, visit our Support page here: How do I create or update the PIN for my Roku account?

Can you please explain what you are asking regarding registering Roku products? All Roku products will need to be linked to a Roku account in order to be activated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mrshowe

I was also wondering how I could put a password on my roku so that no one can access it when I'm not attending it, like unable to use it when on the TV. The TV isn't a roku TV itself, I just have the attachment. Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Mrshowe

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Please be advised that we currently don't have a feature where you can lock your Roku device to avoid other people from accessing it. But if you haven't yet, you can set up a PIN on your Roku account, therefore, people won't be able to add channels and make purchases without your approval. 

For instructions on how to set up a PIN, check out this link: How to find, change, or reset the PIN code for your Roku® account

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos