Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aneesah

Parental Control

Jump to solution

Is there a way to control what hours my tv can be operated? For example, I want to disable the TV during school hours.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Parental Control questions

Jump to solution

Hi @garland0130,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I understand that you want to know about the Parental control feature on the Roku device.

We currently do not have the feature for parental control on Roku devices directly. But we do have parental control for The Roku channel and the Roku PIN feature. You can create a PIN to prevent them from making purchases or accessing restricted content on The Roku Channel.

You may also refer to this link: How do I create or update the PIN for my Roku® account? | Official Roku Support

Stay tuned to the latest news and updates on our blog at https://www.roku.com/blog.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Kind regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
garland0130
Reel Rookie

Re: Parental Control

Jump to solution

Or even blocking individual apps during school hours!

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @garland0130,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I understand that you want to know about the Parental control feature on the Roku device.

We currently do not have the feature for parental control on Roku devices directly. But we do have parental control for The Roku channel and the Roku PIN feature. You can create a PIN to prevent them from making purchases or accessing restricted content on The Roku Channel.

You may also refer to this link: How do I create or update the PIN for my Roku® account? | Official Roku Support

Stay tuned to the latest news and updates on our blog at https://www.roku.com/blog.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Kind regards,
Mary

Jump to solution

It would be very beneficial for my family if Roku would create a seeing for parental control at least locking the whole system if a pin is not input. or with a timer setting to limit screen time of app time. maybe a setting to pin lock certain apps. please help me out I would like to leave a control to my kids and not be worried about what they are watching or that they will be watching something at any time they wanted.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@SENORSUPERMAN 

You could submit a feature suggestion on the Suggest a Feature page.

Also, some routers have the ability to set time limitations on devices. Check to see if yours can do that already.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Mom1st

Jump to solution

I just wanted to add to the person wanting this. I would like parental controls similar to how Amazon Fire Tablets work. I would love certain apps available when using a kids profile, and no ads for Rated PG 13 and up while on a kids profile. I’m currently looking for other devices. We’re new to the whole streaming world because we finally have good internet. I’m disappointed in your company and it looks like we will have to disconnect until we find a better device.

Tylerlv

Re: Parental Control. Feature

Jump to solution
0 Kudos