Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LoVanRoe

PLDT TVolution service closure

In the Philippines the PLDT Telco just close the services of all Roku devices even we already paid the device for many years since they close the services a couple of days ago. I can no longer use my device. My question is can Roku do something about it. We already paid the device and now we can't use it just because they can't milk money fromus

6 REPLIES 6
LoVanRoe

Re: PLDT TVolution service closure

I just want my Roku device to function again because we subscribe to Netflix and Amazon prime

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @LoVanRoe

Thanks for the post.

You may want to reach out to your device provider (PLDT) for the details. They should be able to assist you with this concern.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ZnerLeyash

I feel you bro, they must do something about it.. I hope Roku must update the device or something just like that. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

If those are Roku based devices that were offered by the local company, unfortunately there's nothing Roku can do. They aren't Roku supported devices, and are completely controlled by the provider. They cannot be updated with the regular Roku OS. They are service specific, and cannot be used for any other purpose. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

It was ok to close the service but they disabled the device was not appropriate since we paid for the device they should not have disabled the device by programming on pldt side they should have removed their content and returned the roku device to its original working content since we paid for it we should have been able to use it as a stream device or browser if they could not sustain their media stream service poor action on their part but the service was good and also the roku device work very will.

Hope something good will happen out of this or you can assist us so we can enjoy our roku device.

Thank You

[personal information removed]

asg cebu

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@juangenato48 there's nothing Roku can do about making those devices work. They sold the product to another company, which used their own software on them. There's no way to install a new OS over the existing one if the company didn't allow a way to do it. The hardware would have to be reprogrammed in a factory, it couldn't be done with any sort of software patch. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos