Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MommaAlix

PIN Pad not showing on screen when trying to activate GUEST MODE

I am attempting to activate "guest Mode" and got to the screen where it requires a PIN.  In the ROKU  instructions, there is a pin pad on the screen to input the PIN.  My screen in settings does not have a pin pad and it prompts me to "set up a PIN".  I have updated my PIN in my account multiple times but the problem still exists.  

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
MommaAlix

Re: PIN Pad not showing on screen when trying to activate GUEST MODE

To add a bit more detail.  I restarted the roku after I reset my PIN in my ROKU account but still not working.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Make sure the email address that shows under Settings->System->About is the same email address you're using to log in at https://my.roku.com .  Some people have managed to create more than one Roku account without even realizing it.  If that checks out, check for updates under Settings->System->System update just to make sure everything is up to date.  Finally, you can set up Guest Mode remotely at https://my.roku.com .  Just log in and scroll down to your linked devices.  You can enable Guest Mode there.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
village306

I had the same problem. I was never able to enter a PIN to activate Guest Mode, but glad to learn that I can do it from myroku.com. Roku should make that clear; I had to dig deep into this community to find this helpful hin.t

0 Kudos