Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waltrip
Level 7

PARTIAL SUCCESS installing Micro SD Card in my Roku 2

Like others, I keep getting a message from my Roku 2 (Model: 4210X2) that tells me to insert a Micro SD Card for more memory.

While some people have stated it isn't necessary, adding a Micro SD Card supposedly allows more channels to be added and gives quicker access to my channels.

Therefore I have attempted to install a Micro SD Card using multiple card manufacturers, sizes, and classes with the following results. Note that in the cases of being "NOT RECOGNIZED", -NONE- of the following worked:
   -inserted/removed/reinserted the card 
   -powered off/on 
   -restarted using the menu
   -in some cases reformatted the card in my computer

Result                          (Size)    [Speed-Class,  UHS-Class,  Bus-Class]  Manufacturer - model info
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PARTIAL SUCCESS    (32GB)  [C-10, U-1, I]   Samsung - EVO Select MB-ME32G
NOT RECOGNIZED     (16GB)   [C-4,       , I]   Sandisk - SDSDQM-B35A
NOT RECOGNIZED     (32GB)  [C-10,       ,I]   Sandisk - Ultra MicroSDXC

Partial Success means I was able to put the SD card in my Roku 2, and a menu came up asking me to format the SD card, but the Roku remote would not work -- however, by installing the Roku app on my Android cell phone, I was able to use the app remote control to select "Format" and it completed.  In order to get the Roku remote to work, I had to use the Android app to select "Restart" from the menu, and once restarted then my Roku remote worked. However, if I reboot the Roku by unplugging and replugging power, then the Roku remote stops working again, and I have to use the Android app remote control to again select restart, at which point the Roku remote works again.

1 REPLY 1\
cher3
Level 7

Re: PARTIAL SUCCESS installing Micro SD Card in my Roku 2

I am also trying to get a micro sd to work, so far no joy on my sandisk sd so I guess I'll try a Samsung grrr

0 Kudos