Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MichaelS56
Level 7

Re: Overheating

I am having the same issue, my ultra is in the open by itself, I already had one replaced and now the new one is doing the same thing, I watch NBC Sports Gold and ESPN on it and that is all. Is this an issue with the ultra or did am I just unlucky! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MichaelS56
Level 7

Oh and I am using the original power cord

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@MichaelS56 

Thanks for the note.

It's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.

For more information visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

Keep us posted if there are any other questions we can help answer! 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
MichaelS56
Level 7

I have done all those steps, is it possible that it is the NBC Sports App? And it is not a red light it is a white light flashing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@MichaelS56 

Thanks for the update.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About. I'll follow up directly to assist you more from there!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
MichaelS56
Level 7

Thanks will do later today how do I PM you?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@MichaelS56 

Thanks for getting back to me.

For information on how to send a private message, visit our Support page here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Spruce01
Level 7

Forget all that nonsense about unplugging it and letting it cool. It solves nothing long term. The unit only has overheated when I watch NBC Sports Gold why I don't know. I got a 6 in mini fan on Amazon, turned in on the device and I've had no issues since and I only use it when I'm watching NBC Sports Gold. Good luck. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
okaussie3
Level 9

I had my Streaming Stick + overheating only on 4K UHD videos.  Got the Free Cord Extender from Roku and that fixed my issue.

Seems the heat from the TV was being transferred via the HDMI connection to the Stick.

I added the extender and no heat, now, is being transferred.

Bill

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RoxAndDana
Level 7

Roku.com/tempcheck

Got an on-screen message that my "device is overheating go to roku.com/tempcheck". So I did...or at least tried. Apparently that website does not exist. Why put it in an error message if it's  not there?  I am using a Roku Streaming Stick 3800R...Also not in your list of model #s in Customer Support only 3400 & 3600??

0 Kudos