Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating but the tv is not hot

My wife and I own a Roku 43” and control everything from our phones. My wife is trying to watch a livestream football game on Fox Sports, but it keeps saying it’s overheating. The TV is not hot and is not placed in an enclosed space or anywhere where it can get hot. It is also not hot in the house. I had this same issue on a different channel in the past. We tried unplugging it and letting it cool, the secret menu combinations have not worked on her phone on the remote app, etc. we tried googling and looking around Roku site for support or common issues for potential fixes, but nothing exactly relevant has been found. Thank you for any help. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Overheating but the tv is not hot

Hi @cldouthit9084

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos