Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scotteh13
Level 7

Overheating Premier

Hi

had a premier device for about 7 months now, all good. Last night it started to overheat so unplugged it. Tried it again this morning and started overheating again after 5mins or so. Unplugged again, tried again about 4hrs later and same story.

it’s in a well ventilated area and not near any other electrical kit so not sure what causing the problem. Any ideas folks?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Neohoggr
Level 7

Re: Overheating Premier

Have the same issue. Worked fine for several months. Now constantly overheats. I have even rigged this to be hanging on a hook with a fan blowing on it. Ventilation couldn't be any better. Still overheating.

Research has shown that this is a common problem with the Premiere devices. Support only sends the same article over and over again stating to put it in a well ventilated area. I can't even get through to an actual support person. Seems to be a problem with these devices. I would not purchase another.

0 Kudos
Scotteh13
Level 7

Re: Overheating Premier

Thank you Neohoggr. I’m of the same opinion, though I did buy another!

I guess if it happens again I’ll be looking for a different manufacturer!!

0 Kudos