Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ItsUm
Channel Surfer

Re: Overheating

Jump to solution

The HDMI extender did work however the google assistant seems to stop following my direction when I tell it to turn off the Roku tv and my tv is still on, other than that so far no overheating issues. They should have put that in the package with the device like google did with their Chromecast, I'm using the Chromecast one that came with the device since the Chromecast doesn't need it since it never overheats like the Roku 4k.

Atrina78

Jump to solution

Hello I tried to put in my serial number for the free roku hdmi extender and it keeps saying that it is invalid. What else can I do? 

0 Kudos
Paulogs
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Contact online support 

0 Kudos
Mysterious1234
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Email support: customersupport@roku.com they are excellent 

0 Kudos
Harshman87

Jump to solution

We have a Roku premier and its 2months old and we keep getting a msg that its over heating..its in the open and has air circulation. 

0 Kudos
Jackson911

Re: Overheating Message

Jump to solution

Overheating is definitely a flaw in the Roku devices. This seems to be a common problem among all gadgets that use a similar technology. Roku offers roku stick overheating, so the stick isn’t close to the back of your set, but this won’t work with all types of televisions.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Overheating Message

Jump to solution

@Harshman87 @Jackson911

Thanks for the posts.

It's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.

For more information visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Xsteven

Jump to solution

Hi I have bought a licence roku tv I've followed your links but nothing is working j am not sure what to do 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Xsteven

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sahldn

Re: Stick keeps over heating

Jump to solution

What should we do with overheating message, turn it off??

0 Kudos