Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kev111
Reel Rookie

Re: Overheating

Jump to solution

Hi 

I found my over heating problem with my Roku streaming Stick + stopped by making sure I went "Home" before leaving instead of leaving it on Prime, Netflix etc  and the light on the Stick went off at the assigned time in the settings. otherwise it would be on all the time and overheat.

I haven't had the problem since and its been several weeks.

Good Luck

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Thanks for your response. However the issue im having is that Roku support are reply to my emails. Therefore where do I go from here?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Anonymous 

Thanks for the information.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your Roku device, along with any case numbers that you have regarding your issue. I'll be able to pass it along to the Support team to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tammy63

Jump to solution

My Roku is also overheating and has been since out of box.  Today I did notice that it remained hot hours after removing from TV, only cooling down after being unplugged from power strip.  This is an electrical fire hazard issue and should be addressed and recalled or the company could be held legally responsible for fire damage.  I cannot believe after months of issue with it the company has done nothing.

Someone stated that the Roku never turned off.  If the power button on the Roku does not turn it off than that is another issue that needs to be addressed.  My Roku never goes off even when I turn it off with the remote.

0 Kudos
Skoolcounselor
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wish I had searched for this answer before now. My stick overheated and now it won't come on at all. I guess it fried. Very sad and disappointing. 

Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series)  

0 Kudos
lobos301

Re: Overheating Message

Jump to solution

same issue here after the update I got 2 of them overheating also.

0 Kudos
ItsUm
Channel Surfer

Re: Overheating Message

Jump to solution

Why hasn't Roku fixed that problem on their devices, I know they can't build a fan in their stick streaming devices but they could redesign them to keep it from doing that. Xbox fixed their overheating Xboxes, and no other devices I have (chromecast stick & fire tv stick) has that problem. Now that I know all this I might have to tell people to get something else.

0 Kudos
wsmonks

Re: Stick keeps over heating

Jump to solution

After adding a 3" HDMI cable, my stick still overheated after a several hours of being plugged into the wall. I have plugged the usb power into my tv, so now when I shut of my tv, the usb power also stops, and the Roku Stick cools off. I must use the usb or my stick will overheat and funny things happen like the sound being out of sync with the picture. I must wait about 30 seconds every time I switch on the tv for the stick to boot up. This is disappointing, but I get the feeling that Roku doesn't care much about it.

0 Kudos
HRamos

Jump to solution

Hi!

I'm trying to request a HDMI extension, but the webpage states there is a mistake on the serial number.

On my profile, the serial number is different to that labeled on my Roku Stick; I've entered both of them in different times, but the site always displays error on serial number.

I bought it on Amazon.

0 Kudos
Mysterious1234
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After reading the help pages I completed the form for the free lead, no reply.  Waited a week then did it again no reply, this continued for a month until I just stopped.  The form is misleading with false statements: Free HDMI Lead and delivery within 5 days

How did you get the free HDMI lead?  I have contacted support so many times I can do it on autopilot without reply, do they really exist?

I know they have a default email

Your request #(xxxxxxxx) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff. We will be contacting you shortly. 

To add additional comments, you can simply reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Roku Customer Support

For clarfication what does shortly mean in the next millennium or so? 

Who did you contact? Was it a real human contact for these mysterious support people."where is the missing support team" What cryptic messages can we read from the default emails

0 Kudos