Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
russelguppy
Binge Watcher

Re: Overheating

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Premiere and it runs at 91C to 110C. I keep getting an overheating message. It is connected to my TV by a 2 metre HDMI cable and is powered by the official USB power cable and plug. It sits on top of a wooden cabinet away from any other electrical devices. Any ideas why it is getting so hot and has only started doing it in the past 2 days?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Nickflair
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku stick is constantly getting the over heating message even after i unplug it and reconnect it after 10 mins. I even left it unplugged for 6 hours. As soon as i plug it in within 10 mins its over heating and the little stick is burning to the touch. What can i do? Is it time for a new one?

0 Kudos
clarity13
Channel Surfer

Re: Stick keeps over heating

Jump to solution

Pull the plug on the FireStick? I would just disconnect it. I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
clarity13
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello,

Is unplugging the FireStick a thought?

0 Kudos
russelguppy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Unplugging it will obviously solve the issue but if you have to unplug it every 10 minutes when you get the onscreen warning watching anything becomes frustrating. Thankfully Roku have agreed to replace my Premiere under warranty.

0 Kudos
Nickflair
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@clarity13  the stick won't turn on without a powersource. I thought the usb style charging cable was just that, a charging cable. But when i unplug it, the roku stick turns off and when i hold the button or press it, it doesnt turn on unless its plugged into the charging cable.

0 Kudos
kev111
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When I got the message on my new streaming stick + ( while watching Amazon)> I checked everything.

I found the next morning that it never shut off ,never went to sleep. i checked to make sure it was supposed to go to the screen saver afet 10 minutes but it never did. I had changed from the default one a day earlier. so anyway once I went back to the default screen saver all is well again and it sleeps when not in use. and is not unusually hot. The screen saver I had switched to was the analog clock

0 Kudos
Calum

Re: Overheating Message

Jump to solution

I have a roku premier. It is NOT in a cabinet. It is NOT close to any heat source and yet even after sitting it on a freezer block, 5 mins after plugging in says overheating. The only answer I see online is to stop using at this point. Well that does me no good when it is my main TV source. Any help is appreciated. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R I sent my faulty Roku streamstick plus as it was overhesting. I followed the instructions and sent by express post on Monday 13th of July. However, I still not received my replacement Roku stick, I emailed customer support about an up date on 4 occasions and they have not been helpful at all. The first two emails I sent I got a generic response back which was not helpfull at all and the last two, I have yet received a reply.

The lack of communication from technical support is absolutely shocking. Due to being left in the dark about what is happening, I had no choice but to buy another roku stick for £50. So not only I am out of pocket for the £7 postage sending my faulty stick to you, I am also out of £50 as well, because I had to buy another one.

How do I go about getting reimbursed for the money I have lost?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Anonymous 

Thanks for the update.

If you are already in contact with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them as they would best be able to assist you in resolving the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos