Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KathyTim

Re: How to stop my Roku Streaming Stick from overheating

Jump to solution

I've had my ROKU TV for 6 days. Today I start getting the error message it is over heating. Should I return it to the store? 

0 Kudos
Drydraws
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My ultra is overheating. It's getting plenty of ventilation, it's not around other electronics.. recent software update is the culprit?

Chaml

Overheating Message Roku Premiere

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Premiere and have been getting a Device Overheating message for a few days. I have tried unplugging and letting it cool down many times, moving my Roku, placing it away from any other device, and plugging directly into wall outlet. None of these have helped. Is the device defective? Please let me know what steps I should take next.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@SB3 

Thanks for the post.

It's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.

For more information visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

I'd recommend ordering a free HDMI extender from our website and seeing if that resolves your issue.

If you are still experiencing issues after using the HDMI extender, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV Overheating Message

Jump to solution

@KathyTim 

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our support article here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Overheating Message Roku Premiere

Jump to solution

@Chaml 

Thanks for the post.

It's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.

For more information visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

If you are still unable to resolve your issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ishtiaque
Reel Rookie

Re: Overheating Message

Jump to solution

Roku is still overheating even with HDMI extension. Then I started to change different settings to see if it made any difference. What I found is interesting: When I use 4K 60 (that's what Roku detected with auto settings) the Roku overheats. If I change that to 1080p the it doesn't overheat anymore 😄 I have also test the 4K 30, it heats up the Roku much more but it doesn't get the overheating message while I tested for several hours.

It's not ideal, but at least this setting works, thought this might help someone in this forum 🙂

bob11

Re: Overheating stick

Jump to solution

put in serial number wont let me order it

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Overheating

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R Ive been getting loads of overheating messages with my roku streamstick plus, only after watching 1.5 hours of content. I have to connected to my tv worth the roku hdmi extender cable. Have you got any other solutions? 

Thanks

Ste

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Overheating

Jump to solution

@Anonymous 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still experiencing issues after using the HDMI extender, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos