Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Over heating

Which Roku product does not over heat?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Over heating

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

It's fairly normal for a device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help. For more information visit our support page: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Over heating

I have 2 roku sticks they are both over heating I called customer care and they told me to get a hdmi cord but they still are getting hot and are overheating they get so hot I’m afraid they might start a fire there customer care don’t care I’m not very happy with them if I do end up with a fire I now who I’m going to sue I’m thinking about going with the Amazon’s stick good luck with roku customer care they won’t help

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

All computers get warm. Get a HDMI extension cord and relax.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Bobbysnow85 

Thanks for the inquiry.

It's fairly normal for a device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help. For more information visit our support page: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos