Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Options button on Roku app

Jump to solution

I am trying to manually connect the Roku app to my device by inputting the IP address however the options button on the screen won’t work. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Options button on Roku app

Jump to solution

@Dibb3r2 wrote:

I know the IP address I just can’t input it into the app and the options icon with the three dots is unavailable. 

So the circle with three dots in it at the end of the Search box is grayed out? It works on mine. The version number on my app is 7.0.1.1 on my iPhone.

On a hunch, I turned the WiFi off on my phone so the phone couldn't see the network. The Roku app recognized that, and all my devices became unavailable, but the option button was still enabled. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

If you are trying to see the IP address of your Roku, it's not under the Options menu. Look under Settings/Network for the IP address.  

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I know the IP address I just can’t input it into the app and the options icon with the three dots is unavailable. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

@Dibb3r2 wrote:

So the circle with three dots in it at the end of the Search box is grayed out? It works on mine. The version number on my app is 7.0.1.1 on my iPhone.

On a hunch, I turned the WiFi off on my phone so the phone couldn't see the network. The Roku app recognized that, and all my devices became unavailable, but the option button was still enabled. 

Dan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos