Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martie
Reel Rookie

Re: Oops... There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! YOUR A GENIUS! IVE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT FOR FOUR DAYS! 

0 Kudos
TJB3

Re: Oops... There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later.

What if it’s not a roku tv with a reset 

0 Kudos
Mikkel99
Reel Rookie

Ok I'm gonna try it !

0 Kudos
Mikkel99
Reel Rookie

Try this, it worked for me ! It does a hard reset which the TV wasn't letting me before it's was stuck on " guest mode ". I know the title is referring to getting your TV out of recovery mode but this works for the same problem that has to do with " Oops... There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later."

On guest mode screen 

1. Press and hold the reset bottom ( location on the side of tv above to HDMI slots ) for 10 seconds at the same time unplug the tv from outlet .

2.wait 10 seconds 

3. Press and hold reset button ( use pen ) at the same time plug back up the tv .

4. Once you see indicator light on the bottom middle of the TV start blinking let go of reset button.

Wait and the screen will go back to the out of the box setup. This may take additional person for help. If it doesn't work try changing up the seconds do 5 or 15 seconds for each reset part or  5 or 20-30 seconds on the  waiting period 

HoW to get roku out of recovery mode Https://youtu.be/mb0WsncH4K4

Khansmeyer

In Guest Mode, press the * button. Exit Guest Mode, enter pin. Roku will restart. 
Go to settings, re-enter Guest Mode, input pin again, Roku will reset again, then you should be good to go.  

0 Kudos
Desiray77

Thank you so much this is the method that worked for me I was stuck in guest mode forever! Thank you thank you 

0 Kudos
NaomiDr
Reel Rookie

Thanks Lakia, this worked for me👍💕

0 Kudos
Pdiddy01

Mine took me back to recovery mode. What am I doing wrong 😑 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Pdiddy01

We saw your post, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We'd like to know more about the issue you've encountered for us to assist you better. Could you please elaborate on the issue you're having? Did you receive any error codes regarding this? Further, what steps have you taken in an attempt to resolve the issue?

With more details, we'll be able to assist moving forward.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos