Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AFornazari

Oops... There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later.

I have a TV on guest mode for one of my Airbnbs and when they select their auto sign out date, they get this message: Oops... There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later.

Also, when they try to disable guest mode with the pin i give them, they also get that same message

This is really annoying and I don't even see this device as one of my linked devices in my account for some reason either. In fact, none of the TVs i put into guest mode remain a linked device in my account and that's been a concern of mine too. 

18 REPLIES 18
Help11

Re: Oops... There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later.

Put Credit Card number inside

0 Kudos
hulagirl4758
Reel Rookie

Re: Oops... There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later.

Hi - I am attempting to set up guest mode in my RV for my renters and after I selected "enter guest mode" it said "there was a problem connecting to the server.  Please advise. 

0 Kudos
Doman128

Did you ever get it working?

0 Kudos
thrumph56

i am having the same problem.  Now my tv do not work at all,  the only screen the shows up on my tv is the guestmode screen.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@thrumph56

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Is your TV set up in guestmode?

For more information about how to get out of guestmode, visit our Support page here: How do I set up Guest Mode on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dwany1223

Check behind the TV theres a small reset button, hold that button down until that roku logo appears again and you all set. 

Deeloy

I've tried the reset button on the back it still brought me to the guest mode and I can't get out of it.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Deeloy, hold in the reset button for at least 30 seconds.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
lakiya

found an answer mine signed into guess mode by it self then when i tried to put in a pin it would say " oops there is a problem connecting to server try again later " so i reset it and it did the same thing. well i found the answer when you reset it DO NOT BE CONNECTED TO THE WIFE next time disconnect it from wifi do so by clicking this * the dash button on your remote. Then a menu will pop up saying exit guess mode and wifi connect. DO NOT GO TO EXIT GUESS MODE go to wifi and click ( wired ) !!!!!!!!! when the connection fail , which is good thing , you will be disconnected from accessing the internet. Then scroll down and click restart. Now while its restarting ( the tv will cut off and try to load back up ) huring up and hold the reset button ( located on the side of your tv or some where on your tv ) it will say RESET BUTTON and also use a paper click or ball point pin to push the button in and hold it. until a red screen come on. I promise you this time it will not go back to that guess mode screen and will not go back to that recovery mode ( purple screen) it will instead go to a red screen. feel free to ask me for help.