Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huskies2005
Level 7

Onn roku soundbar code

I'm trying to connect the onn universal 6 device remote to the onn ruko soundbar, but the codes that came with the remote are not working. Foes anyone know what the actual code(s) are? The ones that have been tried are 3562, 3563, 3565, 3567, 3569, 3670, 3671, 3672, and 3547. Which all have failed.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Onn roku soundbar code

The Onn  Roku Smart Soundbar with the IR remote is the first of its kind, no other roku ever had its own volume commands. So I doubt any current preprogrammed remote has a code that includes these commands. The rest of the keys on the soundbar remote uses the same commands a roku ten years ago responded to, so there are many universal remotes that have those commands just not the power, volume up & down, and mute. A learning remote could be taught the commands if you still have the original oem remote. 

If you bought the universal because you're missing the roku remote, then thats a problem, the Onn IR remote is not available separately. But you can upgrade to a wifi voice remote, it will pair with Onn Soundbar and control the volume by wifi instead of IR. 

The tv commands on the Onn roku remote are roku commands, when a roku sees them it intiates a hdmi-cec signal sent over the hdmi to control whatever brand of tv its connected to. All brands of tv that have the hdmi-cec feature respond to the same cec commands no matter what brand it is, thats why you don't have to chose tv brand in the roku soundbar unlike other roku where you have to tell it the brand of tv you have. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Certain universal remotes from Inteset and One-For-All that have Roku code 03061 on board will give access to the roku tv commands via the use of advanced codes these are 5 digit codes for individual functions. The advanced codes for the roku soundbar tv commands are power-00147, volume up-00134, vol down-00136, and mute-00140.

To map these to keys on the Inteset 422-3 remote and One-For-All urc-7880:

1. roku device

2. press and hold Set/Magic for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 9 4

4. tap Set/Magic for one blink

5. enter 5 digit code

6. pick a key

repeat for the other commands. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Flash0214
Level 8

HDMI ARC it won’t work but what about those of us using optical?

I have a projector and connected to it is an HDMI 5 port switch. I have 5 devices plugged in as inputs. I also have an optical cord plugged in to output the audio of the device that’s selected on the switch. This optical runs to my roku soundbar. Works perfectly. Now I just need to program this xfinity XR-15 to manipulate the volume levels.

0 Kudos