Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Only one of my Roku Ultra units is getting 9.3 updates

Hey guys,

I have two Roku Ultra units, both a 2017, and 2018 model which from a hardware identification, identify as the same model number.

The one that was sold as the 2018 model started getting OS 9.3 updates occasionally since the end of March, and just received another one today.  The one sold as the 2017 model has not received one update to 9.3 and is still  showing the latest version of 9.2 being the current version.

I know that Roku rolls out their updates in stages, but this seems  even slow for them, considering it's the same hardware model and it's been almost a month and a couple weeks for one not to get any updates, and the other has gotten about 3.  At this point is there something that can be done to have the update pushed to my second Roku, thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Only one of my Roku Ultra units is getting 9.3 updates

Well just saying something about it must have worked, because as soon as I wrote the first post I checked the second unit and it had the update ready. Everything seems OK now.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hi

Am in Canada and have 2 sticks + and no 9.3 updates on either.

Lucky you.Enjoy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

@rwrmac wrote:

Hi

Am in Canada and have 2 sticks + and no 9.3 updates on either.

Lucky you.Enjoy

I think the Update was supposed to start rolling out in more volume around April 20th based on what I read.  Why I started getting it as early as I did, I'm not sure.  I'm not a beta test.  Either way it seems stable, and things  do seem faster depending on the channels being used.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Roku has no apparent pattern to their OS rollouts. I'm sure there is one, but nothing that can be discovered from random posts. But it has been reported on AVSForums that it's beginning to trickle out, so hopefully it will go quickly. I'm a beta tester, and have no complaints about any builds I've tested. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

@atc98092 wrote:

Roku has no apparent pattern to their OS rollouts. I'm sure there is one, but nothing that can be discovered from random posts. But it has been reported on AVSForums that it's beginning to trickle out, so hopefully it will go quickly. I'm a beta tester, and have no complaints about any builds I've tested. 

I wasn't expecting an update, so I was surprised When I got the first one back in March.  That's when I looked up the OS 9.3 blog from Roku, and in that blog It mentioned April 20.  So I wasn't sure if it meant 2020 only, or 20th day.  Since I started seeing more updates closer the end of April, I assumed that's what it was referring to.  So with that said, the update should be rolling out in more force now.  Either way, both my devices are up to date, and have been working without problems.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos