Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RB42

On Phillips Roku tv, how to change channels from 9 to 89 without pressing remote up bottom 80 times

On new Phillips Roku tv, when Live TV is pressed (which then displays my local cable tv channels), I can switch from my channel 9 to channel 10 by pressing the up button on the Roku remote one time. However, when I want to switch from channel 9 to channel 89, I have to press the up button 80 times!!! Is there a way to go directly from say, channel 9 to a much higher Channel, say 89 for instance. My remote does not have a voice button but there is no other way to do what I want with the current Roku remote.. I would buy a Roku voice remote.. IF I KNEW that would definitely work to do what I want!! Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: On Phillips Roku tv, how to change channels from 9 to 89 without pressing remote up bottom 80 ti

@RB42 wrote:

... would buy a Roku voice remote.. IF I KNEW that would definitely work to do what I want!!

I am pretty sure it won't work that way.

As for the other, unless @Tivoburkee or one of the other remote gurus have a suggestion on a third-party remote that will work with a Phillips Roku TV and control the numbers, I'm not sure there is an answer you'll like.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: On Phillips Roku tv, how to change channels from 9 to 89 without pressing remote up bottom 80 ti

An aftermarket universal remote like the following will give you access to number keys:

onn. R113663 6-Device Universal Remote - Walmart.com

The Roku tv code in it is 4398. 

You can find them on ebay as well. Or other UEI made remotes like Inteset 422-3, which Roku TV code would be 14398. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.