Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old fashion screen saver?

Jump to solution

The only thing appearing on my tv screen is the word ROKU wandering around the screen like a screen saver. Not sure if my remote has failed or my remote stick. Getting help from ROKU is an exercise in futility!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Old fashion screen saver?

Jump to solution

That does sound like a screen saver.  If there's no control via remote try pulling the power plug for a minute or so then plugging back in and letting the Roku start back up.  That SHOULD force a complete start up and take you to the Roku home screen.  Then you can see if remote function is restored.

Let us know how you make out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Old fashion screen saver?

Jump to solution

That does sound like a screen saver.  If there's no control via remote try pulling the power plug for a minute or so then plugging back in and letting the Roku start back up.  That SHOULD force a complete start up and take you to the Roku home screen.  Then you can see if remote function is restored.

Let us know how you make out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X