Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wildsprite
Level 9

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

I personally think they should have a better system in place than this staggered rollout. how they do it now feels sloppy with little reason
0 Kudos
rey_1178
Level 10

Shawn contacted me so hopefully this can get resolved. Eventually I won't be able to revert back to OS8 just to have HDR work again. 
0 Kudos
Tajson
Level 8

"wildsprite" wrote:
I personally think they should have a better system in place than this staggered rollout. how they do it now feels sloppy with little reason

Reason is a successful rollout. An initial random update cycle of "20,000" boxes without manual updating ensures to target a broad range of setups and evaluating these before increasing the pool size, rather than giving the initial update to 20,000 tech savvy people with "similar" environments who manually hits update first.
0 Kudos
ddevonb
Level 8

The most recent update caused Blaze TV not launch. It's the same on both of my players.
0 Kudos
dlp1000
Level 7

I have a Roku stick 3600X running 8.1.0 - build 4145-24 and Plex 5.3.10. When using Plex, things play fine. No issues.

I also have a two month old Roku stick 3800X running the new 9.0.0 - build 4083-55 and Plex 5.3.10. When using Plex, some things cause the Roku to reboot.

When the Roku 3800X reloads, the enhanced remote frequently (but not always) stops working for up to a minute or two. Then it seems to fix itself and work as expected.
This is consistent and can be duplicated with certain shows. Here's a video of the issue. Note: after making this recording 2 times (so I wasn't in the shot), the enhanced remote worked immediately after the reboot. In the first recording, the remote didn't start working for approximately 30 seconds, even though I was continuously pressing buttons and standing less than 3 feet from the stick. Battery life was 78% full and TV volume controls worked perfectly.

@RokuShawnS - How do I revert my 3800X from 9.0.0 back to 8.1.0 so things play again? I reported the issue through chat (request #2108808) and support offered to send out a new remote while ignoring my complaint of crashing.

Thanks
0 Kudos
iFrog
Level 8

I've been getting regular OS 9 updates on my Model 4660 (2017 Ultra), and everything has been rock solid.  Has anyone here with a 2016 Premiere+, or a black streaming sick 3600. Gotten the OS 9 update yet?  I would really like to give feedback on one of my older devices, but neither one has gotten at least one OS 9 update yet.
0 Kudos

"iFrog" wrote:
Has anyone here with a 2016 Premiere+....Gotten the OS 9 update yet?

Yes and yes. It's fine so far, except that the advertised "Advanced sound settings" are nowhere to be found, and so I'm unable to access Night Listening or Sound Leveling.
https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 64#p624864
0 Kudos
joesstlouis
Level 7

I currently have a Roku 4630x Premiere + and the option to upgrade to 9 isn't available.  It keeps telling me I'm on the current version with 8.1.0.
0 Kudos
iFrog
Level 8

Since my Premiere+ is working fine under software 8.1.0 build 4159, it's not a big deal.  I would just like to see Roku offer more software update management options.  I understand their reasoning behind this, however, I have devices from Sony, Apple, and Google, that have already gotten the latest software for them, and my newest Roku.  Just the two oldest models haven't updated yet.

I personally prefer where the vender rolls out software updates, then gives the user the choice when and if to upgrade.  With Roku, they do this rolling release where everyone doesn't get it at once, and even if you did get it, but didn't want it at the time, there is no way to disable it.  In this case I would like to report feedback on an older model, but neither one have gotten it yet.

As far as the above mention of advanced options for audio, have you tried hitting the * key while watching something like a Netflix show? they pop up for me there, and I think they are in the regular settings under audio too.  One thing you could additionally try is disconnecting power from the Roku with the issue for about 30 seconds then reconnecting to see if it just needs a power cycle.
0 Kudos

"iFrog" wrote:
As far as the above mention of advanced options for audio, have you tried hitting the * key while watching something like a Netflix show? they pop up for me there, and I think they are in the regular settings under audio too.  One thing you could additionally try is disconnecting power from the Roku with the issue for about 30 seconds then reconnecting to see if it just needs a power cycle.

You're still on 8.1, I'm on 9.0...apples and oranges as you'll see once the update comes your way.
0 Kudos