Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

@Lnoriega87

Have you tried restarting your TV to see if this resolves the issue? If not, please PM me with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku TV from Settings>System>About. I'll follow up directly to assist you further here. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

"RokuTannerDB" wrote:
...Have you tried restarting your TV to see if this resolves the issue? ...

Let me get some clarification if you don’t mind. For Roku TV, my understanding is that a restart is more than “turning it off and on again.” Rather, it would be using the menu system to restart, or pulling the power cord. Is my understanding correct?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Yes, that is correct. For any device running Roku OS, you can use the 'Settings' menu to restart the system. Turning the display on/off would differ from restarting the TV.

For Roku TVs, you can navigate to the system restart option by visiting Settings>System>Power>System restart. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My Hisense Roku TV (Model 48H4) received an update today, Feb 13, 2019 - Software Version 9.0.0, Build 4142 and Now the HDMI 1 (ARC) device outputs absolutely no audio.
Also, my PS4 which is on HDMI port 2 does not get recognized by the TV at all.

I have taken these previously working devices (Cable box, and PS4) plugged them into a different TV and both devices work normally, with sound and as expected.

Something appears to be off with this latest update.

I have also performed a factory reset via the Roku TV menu as well as restarting and the problems persist.

*Resolved by working with Roku tech support - performed system update which reverted the OS back to 8.2 build 4170 and the HDMI 1 port resumed working correctly with my cable box and my PS4 resumed working normally on HDMI 2.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the exact same issue. My roku tv updated to OS 9.0 last night and today I haven’t been able to use an hdmi for my PS4 or my MacBook. Weirdly my Nintendo switch works correctly but I have tried several hdmi cords and it is definitely the roku tv update, considering I was using the hdmi ports right before the update. I have also tried the PS4 on another tv and it works correctly, hopefully there is a fix for this soon. I’ve tried resetting, unplugging for a while, nothing has worked.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same here.  So my Hisense ROKU TV with v9.0 build 4142 has been rendered useless.  Sounds like a lawsuit.  So please present to us, WHAT CAN WE DO TO FIX THE NO SOUND HDMI ISSE!  PLEASE!
0 Kudos
Level 7

Yes!  I am also having no sound from my Hisense Roku TV after receiving the 9.0 OS this morning coming from my Directv receiver by HDMI.  I have tried restarting both, different cables, etc.  and nothing fixes it.  My receiver audio works fine when I hook it to a spare monitor using the same HDMI cable that is of today not giving me audio on my Roku TV.

There definitely seems to be a problem with the 9.0 OS on my Hisense TV.  I talked to both chat support at Roku and someone on the phone and we were unable to fix it and they did not seem to be aware of this issue.  Please set our Hisense TV's back and/or figure out what is wrong with this update.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Another user with HDR issues after the OS9 update.   https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=142657&p=632828#p632828
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

I can't believe that TCL tvs still havent gotten the new OS9 yet. What a bunch of crap. TCL has a partnership with Roku and we are the last to get the OS9 update. But I hear the update is more of a hassle anyway. I guess it's hard to make software upgrades compatible with every tv.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

"Scottt1174" wrote:
I can't believe that TCL tvs still havent gotten the new OS9 yet. What a bunch of crap. TCL has a partnership with Roku and we are the last to get the OS9 update. But I hear the update is more of a hassle anyway. I guess it's hard to make software upgrades compatible with every tv.

Just because yours hasn’t doesn’t mean none have. One of my Roku boxes got 9.0 a couple of weeks after it was released, another a bit later, and another in latter half of December. Two of those were the same model. Not all of one model get the update at the same time.

Roku is rolling out over the quarter as they’ve always done. Well, I say always. I’ve only had Roku boxes since 2010. I can’t speak to before that.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos