Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boneyjr
Level 7

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

Still no fix or update for my 4640X Ultra. I need night listening back. Come on, Roku!
0 Kudos
iFrog
Level 8

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

Update 9.0.0 build 414 dropped and the night mode options are back on my 2016 Premiere+, and it also installed on my 2017 Ultra so both players are on the same version now.
0 Kudos
NightHawk
Level 7

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

"Boneyjr" wrote:
Still no fix or update for my 4640X Ultra. I need night listening back. Come on, Roku!

The new Roku firmware version came out last night fixed this on my 4640.
Roku Ultra 4640R, Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810R
0 Kudos

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

OS 9 is shutting down my HDMI out when the box goes to sleep.  I have two Roku2 XSs (3100x's).  Only one was hooked up.  Things were working great and then they upgraded my software.  I had to unplug and replug in my box each time after the upgrade if it'd been overnight.  I though maybe my Roku2 XS went bad so I found my other one (was in a box from when I moved as I only need one now).  I plugged it in and noticed the software upgrade was available.  As soon as my second Roku2 XS took the software upgrade it has the same problem.  I figured out if I unplug and plug back i just the HDMI cable then it works fine.  Apparently, when my Roku2 XS sits for a long time (like overnight), the HDMI port disables.  If I press the Roku remote, my TV turns on and the Roku2 XS white light flashes, but no video.  If I press the remote buttons enough (like hold it down and make the white light blink), then eventually the Roku2 XS crashes, reboots (Roku logo screen), and the box is alright for watching Netflix, Hulu, whatever.  This is what I do if I don't feel like getting out of bed and unplugging the HDMI briefly.

So, in short, OS9 disables the HDMI port on my Roku2 XS once sleep mode is entered.  This can be reset by unplugging and replugging the HDMI port.  Power cycling or crashing the box works also.  They need to fix the OS so my HDMI port wakes on remote input.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crow550
Level 7

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

Cool. Mine updated. Night Mode returned and Auto Audio leveling was added. Neat. On my Premiere+ model. Which I am glad it got this update I am concerned on how it was removed (Night Mode) in the first place then the model of Roku player removed from the Roku update page. That didn't sit well for me. I am glad they made things right but still....

Leaves a sour taste. An official explanation would nice on what happened?

I wonder how Rokus volume leveling compares to the feature built in TVs and Audio Receivers. Would love to see someone do a proper review. 

Otherwise great update! 
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

"Crow550" wrote:
Cool. Mine updated. Night Mode returned and Auto Audio leveling was added. Neat. On my Premiere+ model. Which I am glad it got this update I am concerned on how it was removed (Night Mode) in the first place then the model of Roku player removed from the Roku update page. That didn't sit well for me. I am glad they made things right but still....

Leaves a sour taste. An official explanation would nice on what happened?

They did officially state here in the forums that the removal of Night Mode was a bug, and not intentional. They have obviously fixed the bug.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Crow550
Level 7

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

"atc98092" wrote:
"Crow550" wrote:
Cool. Mine updated. Night Mode returned and Auto Audio leveling was added. Neat. On my Premiere+ model. Which I am glad it got this update I am concerned on how it was removed (Night Mode) in the first place then the model of Roku player removed from the Roku update page. That didn't sit well for me. I am glad they made things right but still....

Leaves a sour taste. An official explanation would nice on what happened?

They did officially state here in the forums that the removal of Night Mode was a bug, and not intentional. They have obviously fixed the bug.


Uhhh. They had removed the models from the official update list after the update had came out though.

Yes they course corrected and fixed it but that was quite weird as for Months the models were listed. Check a few pages back.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

"Crow550" wrote:
"atc98092" wrote:
"Crow550" wrote:
Cool. Mine updated. Night Mode returned and Auto Audio leveling was added. Neat. On my Premiere+ model. Which I am glad it got this update I am concerned on how it was removed (Night Mode) in the first place then the model of Roku player removed from the Roku update page. That didn't sit well for me. I am glad they made things right but still....

Leaves a sour taste. An official explanation would nice on what happened?

They did officially state here in the forums that the removal of Night Mode was a bug, and not intentional. They have obviously fixed the bug.


Uhhh. They had removed the models from the official update list after the update had came out though.

Yes they course corrected and fixed it but that was quite weird as for Months the models were listed. Check a few pages back.

I just figured that was a quick response to cut the complaints that backfired. They did say it was a bug — that is, not intentional — but the intermediate action just made a bad impression.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
xxx4reggie
Level 7

Re: Roku OS 9 / Dolby fail?

Sigh....
New issues with the new update
YouTube:
Any video you play displays on screen as half of the screen. So the rest of the screen is black.

Plex:
When playing certain movies, it loads as a blank video (black).

I get screwing up Plex because why not but why ruin YouTube?
Is there a way to fix this? I'll take a picture and post shortly.

Update:
Ok not sure how to attach my phone pic on here.
Is there anyway to go back a version? Roku takes so long to update, I'm afraid for them to fix this thing will take another month or so....
0 Kudos
xxx4reggie
Level 7

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

Newest update broke YouTube,
Videos only display at half the screen and rest is black.

Some Plex videos do not play at all, remains black (which worked fine in the previous version.
0 Kudos