Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Howser
Level 7

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

The audio for my Roku4 - 4400X is set up up using the optical to the AVR. Video direct via HDMI to the screen. No sound via optical after the Dec 13th system update to version 9.0.0 Build 4084-17. Because the audio is set up to auto detect, I had to disconnect the optical cable in order for sound to get sent to the TV. Sad thing is the TV sound is no comparison to surround AVR. Night mode isn't a concern.
Unfortunate results on the update. Gotta love technology, what problems are you fixing and what new problems are you creating. Who benefits?  Let's hope Roku learns the good and bad results from their decisions. The apparent reduced testing done before a release might be a step they might not want to skip next time. Let's hope it's a quick fix. Cheers.
0 Kudos
Boneyjr
Level 7

Still waiting for a response. 
0 Kudos
Steven547
Level 7

I can no longer connect to the internet using wired.  I have reset everything and nothing works...??
0 Kudos
Crow550
Level 7

I think you'll need to wait till after the Holidays. Most people at Roku are on vacation. 

Why they decided now to drop OS9 before the Holidays was a bad idea. 
0 Kudos
paulc
Level 7

Anyone else lost the ability to adjust the volume of the remote attached headphones? Mine are stuck at too low a volume, this has been working flawlessly for years.

I've tried factory reset and updating remote firmware - without luck. The remote keys are working fine - verified by secret menu, and the main unit's LED flashes when pressing them.
Model 2720X, 9.0.0, build 4084. 
Support page doesn't seem to cater for older models?
0 Kudos
dlp1000
Level 7

I posted earlier about the remote not working correctly unless I am standing in front of the TV. RokuShawnS and I have been writing back and forth when all of my messages are showing in the Outbox instead of Sent Messages. Anyone know why this happens?

As for the issue, I returned the Roku through Amazon and purchased a new 3800R. It worked perfectly until the system automatically updated to version 9. Now the remote will not wake up the Roku unless I am standing in front of the television and press a button repeatedly. Once the Roku wakes up, I can sit on the couch (10 feet away) and everything works great.

I am using the HDMI extender.

Anyone know how to revert from version 9?

Is there another way to contact RokuShawnS since all of my messages are stuck in Outbox?

Thanks
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"dlp1000" wrote:
I posted earlier about the remote not working correctly unless I am standing in front of the TV. RokuShawnS and I have been writing back and forth when all of my messages are showing in the Outbox instead of Sent Messages. Anyone know why this happens?...

Message are in the Outbox until they are read. Once read, they move to Sent. That's how the phpBB software works.

They're not stuck. They just haven't been read. I expect Shawn will read them when he's back from vacation.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
iFrog
Level 8

"DBDukes" wrote:
"dlp1000" wrote:
I posted earlier about the remote not working correctly unless I am standing in front of the TV. RokuShawnS and I have been writing back and forth when all of my messages are showing in the Outbox instead of Sent Messages. Anyone know why this happens?...

Message are in the Outbox until they are read. Once read, they move to Sent. That's how the phpBB software works.

They're not stuck. They just haven't been read. I expect Shawn will read them when he's back from vacation.

Have you tried re-pairing the remote?  I have two Roku units in use on OS 9, and a streaming stick currently not in use (also on OS 9) and the remotes haven't stopped working.
models include:
4630X (2016 Premere+)
4660 (2017 Ultra)
3600R (2016 black streaming stick)
It sounds like to me the remote needs to be re-paired after the upgrade, or even possibly a factory reset.  All three models I've mentioned have a point anywhere remote.  The only thing I noticed personally, was on the 4660, after the initial upgrade, the UI was slightly sluggish, but it's been fine since, and that hasn't happened since  before December.  That was back in November when  OS 9 first started rolling out.
The easiest way to re-pair a remote is to:
disconnect power from the Roku player
open the battery compartment door of the remote and hold the button until the green LED begins flashing (pairing mode)
Reconnect power to the Roku player, it will repair upon boot.
0 Kudos
rey_1178
Level 7

Problem with reverting to OS8 is when it updates again you won't be able to go back. Now stuck with an ultra that won't recognize I have HDR capability I wonder when Roku will fix this for customers like me.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crow550
Level 7

Just gonna have to give it a week into the new year when everyone is back at work and can look into these issues.
0 Kudos