Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crow550
Level 7

Re: [Official] OS 9 Release Notes

@RokuShawnS

Yup not an option on the 4630X. Tried various video channels and hitting *. No Advanced sound settings at all.

Which also means even the previous Night Mode is gone. Nothing, nada, zippo. 
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

And you're doing this during playback but still not seeing it?  If I remember correctly, it should come up on a sidebar.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
iFrog
Level 8

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
And you're doing this during playback but still not seeing it?  If I remember correctly, it should come up on a sidebar.

You are correct Shawn, the options do come up as an overlay on the side.  However, on Certain models, such as the 2016 Premiere+, and also the 2016 Ultra (it sounds like) the advanced audio options aren't present.  I've compared my 2017 Ultra, and 2016 Premiere+, both are on OS 9, and only the 2017 Ultra (for me) has the advanced audio options called "Audio Mode" with options to the right with left and right arrows to toggle back and forth between.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crow550
Level 7

Right, right. Sidebar appears just the option is gone. As someone who used night mode a few times.... Yeah that option no longer exists. 
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

And it's across all channels?
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos
Crow550
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
And it's across all channels?

Yes. Including the major ones like Netflix, Hulu & such. 
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

I'll check with the team.

*Edit* While I'm doing that, go ahead and post/re-post serial numbers and your firmware version and build for easier reference.  Thanks.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos
Crow550
Level 7

PM'd to ya Shawn. Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
stormy13
Level 7

Just to weigh in here that my Premier 4620X updated last night to OS9 (build 4084-29), and just like everyone else posting here, no longer have night mode as an option on any channel (Netflix, Prime Video, etc). Funny thing is that it was available on OS8.1 before the update.

Nothing better than advertising a new feature that depending on device we already had, only to get it taken away by an OS update.

Oh and one more thing. First time I have ever had it happen across at least 3 different Roku's, when I got up this morning it was frozen and had to pull the plug to reboot to get it working again.

Almost makes me afraid of what might happen to an older Roku 3 (4200) I have if and when it gets updated.
0 Kudos
Crow550
Level 7

@Shawn sent the additional info.
0 Kudos