Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkb0909
Level 7

Re: [Official] 2018 Fall Launch - Roku Ultra + JBL Headphones Feedback

Does it include software version 9, which makes the sound stop working on the Ultra 4660 for 2 months and counting? Is there a different model that doesn't need restarted frequently to have audio?
0 Kudos

Re: [Official] 2018 Fall Launch - Roku Ultra + JBL Headphones Feedback

"empirefalls" wrote:
 
Bad Ending.
So I bought the Roku Ultra on Black Friday day at Walmart. In the Walmart Black Friday flyer ii said what it says below in a Walmart online "$35-CREDIT-TOWARDS-SLING-TV-"
Make a long story short, i opened a Slingtv account but could not get SlingTv to process and redeem the $35 credit.  After 3 chats with SlingTV with 3 different variations of what was going, i got told there was a code on the Walmart receipt.. There was no code on the Walmart receipt.  Its the right Roku model, there are JBL headphones with it.

So i am returning the Roku Ultra.  I already have a Roku Ultra but i figured i would buy this latest Roku Ultra because it was $48  and a $35 credit made it an extra good buy.


From Walmart . com 
"Roku Ultra Streaming Player (2018) now with JBL headphones - WITH $35 CREDIT TOWARDS SLING TV..."
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Roku-Ultra-S ... /529826649

Yup, I just had the same horrible experience trying to claim the $35 Sling credit on my recently purchased Roku Ultra. No such credit exists and more users need to call out Roku for this fraudulent advertising practice!! Roku tech support did NOTHING except to give me the number for Sling support. When I contacted Sling, they said it was a Roku issue. Shame on you for scamming your new customers, Roku!
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: [Official] 2018 Fall Launch - Roku Ultra + JBL Headphones Feedback

"SlingCreditScam" wrote:
...
Yup, I just had the same horrible experience trying to claim the $35 Sling credit on my recently purchased Roku Ultra.  No such credit exists and more users need to call out Roku for this fraudulent advertising practice!!  Roku tech support did NOTHING except to give me the number for Sling support.  When I contacted Sling, they said it was a Roku issue.   Shame on you for scamming your new customers, Roku!

Sling TV (Dish Network) will not give you the $35 credit that they are supposed to, and it's Roku's fault? Huh. What color is the sky on your planet?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos

Re: [Official] 2018 Fall Launch - Roku Ultra + JBL Headphones Feedback

I have the new Ultra 4661R connected to a new Sony STRDH590 Receiver and the Receiver connected to a new Sony XBR 65X900F TV.  When using Roku, regardless of what I am watching the receiver Display says PCM.   I have tried movies on Amazon Prime, Vudu, etc and always PCM.  I can watch the same movie on Amazon Prime on the Sony Android TV Amazon Prime app and it shows DD.  I have tried every setting in the Ultra Setting Audio and nothing changes.    My other devices (Tivo and XBox) connected to the Receiver work fine and display DD.  Am I doing something wrong?
0 Kudos
fonzy35
Level 8

Re: [Official] 2018 Fall Launch - Roku Ultra + JBL Headphones Feedback

"empirefalls" wrote:
"empirefalls" wrote:
Just opened my new Roku Ultra,   Advertised with one month free Slingtv.  Nothing , no code in the box.  Is it when i hook up the Roku Ultra , it shows up with the offer somewhere?

Just answered my Q. As you set up the Roku for the first time,  The answer is here: https://www.roku.com/offers/holiday

I think it's where we all got screw in the initial setup

"Just choose the Sling TV offer during the initial setup of your Roku device and follow the instructions to redeem this promo by 1/23/19. *See full terms."
0 Kudos
jmsnyc
Level 7

Re: [Official] 2018 Fall Launch - Roku Ultra + JBL Headphones Feedback

I did not read all 4 pages  but my guess is that this complaint has been echoed,  the Roku Ultra needs some type of audio out whether spdif, 3.5mm (other than on the remote )  or bluetooth.  Granted Fire TV removed the jacks in gen 2 but at least there devices support Bluetooth
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 9

Re: [Official] 2018 Fall Launch - Roku Ultra + JBL Headphones Feedback

Make sure headphones are disconnected. Make sure volume leveling and night mode are not enabled.
0 Kudos
nocable
Level 9

Re: [Official] 2018 Fall Launch - Roku Ultra + JBL Headphones Feedback

"jmsnyc" wrote:
I did not read all 4 pages  but my guess is that this complaint has been echoed,  the Roku Ultra needs some type of audio out whether spdif, 3.5mm (other than on the remote )  or bluetooth.  Granted Fire TV removed the jacks in gen 2 but at least there devices support Bluetooth

I completely concur. The Ultra needs a digital optical out, so that I can send music, from a YouTube video, for example, directly to my receiver.

Sometimes, I just want to hear the music and not see the picture, or I want to hear the music and look at something else. My amp doesn't allow HDR pass through, so my Ultra is plugged directly into my 4K TV. Sure, the digital audio travels back to the amp by way of the HDMI ARC. But, if I want to go to another source on the TV, while the YouTube music is playing, then the Roku needs to be feeding that music directly to the amp via digital optical cable.

Some YouTube "videos" can have over 3 hours of music. One of the sources I use has a watermark, and I don't want that burning into my TV, yet I want to listen for hours to music without the image on.

Yes, I know I can turn the image off the TV with a four step procedure on the TV, but that's not convenient.
So hey Roku... you know what you need to do to keep me content.
Ultra 4660
0 Kudos
nocable
Level 9

Re: [Official] 2018 Fall Launch - Roku Ultra + JBL Headphones Feedback

"fonzy35" wrote:
"empirefalls" wrote:
"empirefalls" wrote:
Just opened my new Roku Ultra,   Advertised with one month free Slingtv.  Nothing , no code in the box.  Is it when i hook up the Roku Ultra , it shows up with the offer somewhere?

Just answered my Q. As you set up the Roku for the first time,  The answer is here: https://www.roku.com/offers/holiday

I think it's where we all got screw in the initial setup

"Just choose the Sling TV offer during the initial setup of your Roku device and follow the instructions to redeem this promo by 1/23/19. *See full terms."

Yes, that's what's online, but I don't remember anything with the 4661 box paperwork that explained that the offer was ONLY available during the initial setup. No courtesy --- Use it or Lose it -- kind of warning. But we can all see in hindsight, that that is how such offers do indeed work, in some cases. In other cases, it might be a Hulu card offer that comes with a Roku, that you can redeem at your leisure before it's expiration date. Every offer with a service can and will have it's own unique rules for redemption.

Lesson Learned. :!:
Ultra 4660
0 Kudos
LittleRC
Level 7

Re: [Official] 2018 Fall Launch - Roku Ultra + JBL Headphones Feedback

Hi ! How did it go with the Roku in Belgium. I am in the same situation and I have seen that only the stick and the express is sold for Europe (U.K.)
Thanks !!
0 Kudos