Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enfocar

OS 11 installed but I don't see any changes?

Jump to solution

OS 11.0.0 Build 4172-C2 downloaded this morning but NONE of the functionality described is present.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: OS 11 installed but I don't see any changes?

Jump to solution

@jjonh and @Enfocar 

Welcome to a Roku update.  Often times Roku markets a software/firmware update with new features.  This just means they are planned to be implemented "on" that OS, not necessarily with the "release" of that OS.

Eventually these features do come with subsequent build numbers.  May even be with the release of 11.5.  Sometimes everything they seemed to forgot to include at least seems to be implemented in the final build the week before the release of OS 12.

I am still seeing some features added to the Roku Channel on my OS 10.5 that began appearing last week. (special submenu off to the left of the screen).  I almost thought this was part of OS11 (nope, I am still on 10.5 on all my devices).

Basically, just be patient and normally the features will come - eventually.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jjonh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. No visible changes beyond the version number.

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

There isn’t any visible changes. 

https://www.roku.com/blog/roku-os-11

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@jjonh and @Enfocar 

Welcome to a Roku update.  Often times Roku markets a software/firmware update with new features.  This just means they are planned to be implemented "on" that OS, not necessarily with the "release" of that OS.

Eventually these features do come with subsequent build numbers.  May even be with the release of 11.5.  Sometimes everything they seemed to forgot to include at least seems to be implemented in the final build the week before the release of OS 12.

I am still seeing some features added to the Roku Channel on my OS 10.5 that began appearing last week. (special submenu off to the left of the screen).  I almost thought this was part of OS11 (nope, I am still on 10.5 on all my devices).

Basically, just be patient and normally the features will come - eventually.

jjonh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks, but I beg to differ.

What to Watch on Home Screen Menu is a visible change, and it was widely publicized on numberous blogs several weeks ago.

I see no such thing after updating. Is anyone seeing it? Has it been delayed?

0 Kudos
jjonh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I see. Thanks for explanation.

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Re: OOS 11 installed but I don't see any changes?

Jump to solution

By visible I mean the UI. Adding. simple “what to watch” isn’t a big visible change. A new UI, new channel design, different lettering. That’s a visible change 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@jjonh 

" What to Watch on Home Screen Menu is a visible change, and it was widely publicized on numberous blogs several weeks ago. I see no such thing after updating. Is anyone seeing it? Has it been delayed?"

---

Of those reporting receiving OS 11, I haven't seen anything that this has yet been implemented.  Roku added this feature to the website a month or two ago, if not longer. (https://www.roku.com/whats-on).  It is located under their What to Watch header section.

I had been using this online feature in addition to the device Search feature and was realizing it was producing much better results so was looking forward to it as well.

Some of the best kept secrets within Roku include when will an update be released, what will be included in an update and when, and does this update fix anything that is currently broken by the last update.

BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It’s just like when any company releases a new version of their software. They advertise certain features but those features won’t be coming at the initial release. Apple does this with their new versions of iOS and Google does it with their new versions of android 

0 Kudos