Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jontalk
Roku Guru

OS 11.0 build 4193 update question

My Roku Ultra 4800X updated to this build last week.  The following day when rebooting I noticed that instead of the last channel being highlighted, it boots to the HOME button on the left. Several days later, some of the home page apps had rearranged themselves so I moved them back.

A/V performance is fine, though I DO notice Netflix log-ins show the logo etc rather than the usual account page. 

Anyone else noticing this? I experienced something similar with a 10.5 build which was fixed with another update. 

FYI, 120 mbps WIRED connection, Model: Roku Ultra, Device SN X01000YC7LRJ

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
6 REPLIES 6
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: OS 11.0 build 4193 update question

I've heard of an occasional user that has their tiles rearranged after a reboot, but it's been extremely rare. I'm looking at my 4800 right now, and all tiles are where I put them when I first installed it more than a year ago. I'm currently on the same build as you, after receiving a downgrade from a newer version 5 days ago. I didn't ask for a downgrade, Roku rescinded the previous update for an unknown reason. 

I just rebooted it to see if any tile positions changed after startup. The answer is no, no changes. Rebooting should always return the screen focus to the Home menu item. I've never seen it remain on the last used channel tile after a reboot. Waking from sleep mode, yes. But not a reboot. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
jontalk
Roku Guru

Thanks..the tiles have remained in place since the first incident, though every time the device wakes from power, instead of seeing the last channel highlighted, it boots to the blue Home button on the left. This is NOT what normally happened in previous builds, minor that it is.

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
Wisco

@jontalk wrote:

My Roku Ultra 4800X updated to this build last week.  The following day when rebooting I noticed that instead of the last channel being highlighted, it boots to the HOME button on the left. Several days later, some of the home page apps had rearranged themselves so I moved them back.

A/V performance is fine, though I DO notice Netflix log-ins show the logo etc rather than the usual account page. 

Anyone else noticing this? I experienced something similar with a 10.5 build which was fixed with another update. 

FYI, 120 mbps WIRED connection, Model: Roku Ultra, Device SN X01000YC7LRJ

Same build as yours and I lost my live tv program guide it just says “no information” when pushing left arrow but when I push the middle ok button when I’m watching a show it will show program information.  Clearing the cache didn’t fix the problem - trying to avoid a full factory reset.  Anyone else have this issue?  

Jay_gadly

After the update, my tv hasn't made any sounds since my mom blames me because I was the last person to use the tv please help me fix it

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Jay_gadly

After the update, my tv hasn't made any sounds since my mom blames me because I was the last person to use the tv please help me fix it

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Jay_gadly, what do you mean by "hasn't made any sounds"?  Are you saying you get no audio when playing a video or you don't get the various sound effects when pressing remote buttons?  If the latter, see if someone disabled them under Settings->Audio->Menu volume.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.