Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pyrmom
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Ultra 4660X channel issues and slowness

Jump to solution

I keep trying to update but there is literally nothing to update and it says the last update was 11/17... which is when the problem started. Roku keeps saying to do a system update but then there isn't anything to update it with. This is the 3rd Roku in the past year that I have had go to **bleep** after a system update and it is getting ridiculous! People pay a lot of money to streaming services so they can watch tv and the vehicle by which they access those services keeps screwing them over. Get it together, Roku! Things like this usually end up in class action lawsuits. 

FrankKoch
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

the system rollback has to come from ROKU 

provide you units ID information from the about page to DannyR and within 5 hours people are getting the option to do a rollback to 10.0.0

0 Kudos
Halbert

Jump to solution

I can't get any update because i can't connect to the wireless system--it is definitely a problem with the update, since this one was working perfectly before, and all my other devices still connect without issue.

bballcards

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R 

I'm also having trouble with my Roku Ultra devices after the 10.5 upgrade (the devices worked flawlessly prior to the upgrade).

Roku 4800x, serial # X010008K76H7

Roku 4800x, serial # X010008C9WRK

Thank you!

0 Kudos
aljris

Jump to solution

Lot of buffering on 10.5. This is a new Roku Ultra.

Model 4800X 

Serial X010000MHGN

software 10.5.0 build 4201 c2

Device ID S02A219MHMGN

0 Kudos
jamowa52
Binge Watcher

[OS 10.5] Ultra 4660X channel issues and slowness

Jump to solution

- Model Ultra 4660X

- SW 10.5.0 Build 4201-46

The problems started when the Ultra 4660X updated to 10.5 build 4198-46 on 11.04.21. The 10.5 bug did not improve after the 4201 build update. Eventually, customer support decided that the 4660X was the problem and offered a warranty exchange. I replaced the Ultra with a Premier model we connected to a seldom used TV and the channels started streaming normally.

As luck would have it, the day we mailed the Ultra to Roku a splash page popped up on the TV announcing a roll back to 10.0 and asking if I want to update now. Yikes! Nope, I passed since the Premier had replaced the Ultra. I hope when the Ultra replacement is installed it will work properly. Whew, what a nightmare!

0 Kudos
Bigjack65
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have used this device for several years with no problems with the exact same setup.  I have an Ultra LT 4662X and as of yesterday it is totally blank.  No menus nothing.  Cant navigate at all.  Tried a manual reset.  When I push the remote command the light blinks then goes out.  Nothing happens.  Connections look good. 

You advice to manually update does not work for me because I have nothing on my screen.  How about some advice on this problem.  Quickly please as its already been two days and nothing remotely helpful on you site.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Bigjack65
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have an Ultra LTb  Model 4662X (serial 04609E761935) and all I have is a blank screen.  I checked connections etc and everything seems ok.  Device has been used in this exact setup for several years,  Nothing done recently.

Suddenly yesterday the screen went blank when we selected the roku input.  When I press the remote the light on the device blinks then goes out.  

Tried the reset button...nothing different.  Since I have no interface I cannot give you any other info.  When I log into the website the info on the latest device  is mostly missing but serial isnt right.

John Kinsey Bigjack65

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
pocky

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, can you help get my TCL Roku TV off of firmware version 10.5?  Having all of the same issues and system update doesn’t work.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
redri01
Channel Surfer

Re: Error code 4-402 - content cannot be loaded

Jump to solution

The rollback fixed my issues.

0 Kudos