Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jwalk

Re: [OS 10.5] Ultra 4660X channel issues and slowness

Jump to solution

My Roku has done the same thing! I just tried to send a PM & it said error! 

Is there another way to have someone contact me from Roku with a fix??

0 Kudos
Quevellan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Private Direct Messages DMs seem to be the way... But there is 2 ways to send one I believe.  1. Once logged into this Forum, look in Upper Right corner at top of page to see some icons... Between the Bell for Notifications, and your Avatar pic fie your Settings, should be an Envelope Icon (if youve visited and read enough to be at least Level 1)... Click this to view your Msgs, then click the New Message btn to send a new DM.

2. In a msg thread, click the name or avatar view their user profile, then click a btn on that page to send a DM to them.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

UPDATE for the following Roku player models: 4660, 4661, 4662, and 4670

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we investigate the issue.

If you are experiencing channel playback issues on a Roku Ultra models 4660, 4661, 4662, and 4670, we recommend now checking for a manual update to see if the issue is still occurring.

To check for a manual update, navigate to Home > Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I have a standalone 4660X and just ran an update, and it downgraded the system from 10.5 to 10.0.0 4209-46. After that, I ran another system update and it had 54 updates, which I guess is downgrading all of the channels that got updated after 10.5 was released.

For the record, I didn't experience any issues with 10.5. In fact, I think my device ran better. Again, I have the 4660X standalone (Roku Ultra 2017).

I run manual updates all the time, I ran one earlier today and there were no updates... so for me, the rollback happened just today, in the late afternoon.

0 Kudos
OldClone85
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just installed 10.0.0, so far so good. All apps need to be reloaded.

Many thanks to the Vommunity effort and to the Roku Experts.

0 Kudos
Fed-up
Reel Rookie

Roku rolled back my update!

Jump to solution

After getting in touch with CS I asked them to roll back my update to the previous software version,  it took a couple hours but I just check my update section on the Roku TCL tv and there was an update waiting to be installed  Version 10.0.0 build 4209 - 30      It now works perfect again on all apps is lightning fast once again!!

Thank you Roku. 

0 Kudos
Quevellan
Channel Surfer

Re: There is obviously a problem with the recent update, when is it going to be fixed.

Jump to solution

Well Roku IS offering to help folks get back to OS 10.0 build 4209...  Read my Solution Steps in previous responses just below /earlier, or those steps detailed by Roku Employee RokuDanny-R.  Basically send him a Private Msg thru this Forum with your devices specs and IDs, he will reply with steps to recheck and get a manual Rollback update to reinstall and reboot.  So far those like me that have got it have seen their devices restored to previous good speed and response times.

redri01
Channel Surfer

Re: Error code 4-402 - content cannot be loaded

Jump to solution

Device: 4660x Ultra

Serial Number: YJOOEW176856

Device ID: CK487E176856

OS ver: 10.5.0 build 4201-46

The issue is with Sling only and only on this device. Error code 4-402

0 Kudos
Jamesrah
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku won't connect , RESET, RESTART, MANY TIMES. SPORADIC

Jump to solution

Thanks for the heads up about the rollback. Just checked on my Roku Ultra and it also offered a rollback. Everything seems to be working again. 

0 Kudos
JohnTR
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What about other models, TVs, and soundbars?