Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thomaso1920
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 10.5] Ultra 4660X channel issues and slowness

Jump to solution

On Saturday November 20, 2021  Roku pushed a rollback to my Ultra 4660x. they rolled back to version 10.0.  Al is now correct with my unit.  Please file a trouble ticket with Roku support if you have the same issue. Request to have the operating system rolled backed.

0 Kudos
Quevellan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes I Agree @rossben88 .  Before my fix (via Pushed update back to OS 10.0 by Roku Tech) i previously posted, I saw much the same as what others have been describing.  Specifically, I saw some channel apps give more details like DRM errors and/or No Network Detected or Available to the channel app EVEN THOUGH the then OS 10.5 showed a Good Net Connection viavhardline Ethernet with shown speed of 93 Mbps.  This and other hints (like some but not all had better response speed by adding a SD Card) that Maybe the OS was not sharing or allowing use of some Network or RAM resources by the channel apps possibly due to the DRM component not working correctly and passing authorization to channel apps to view or play content.

0 Kudos
Blue85wish
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

my roku had the same problems as everyone else, but after i restarted my modem it went away. my roku is on a power strip that i turn off every night, & when i turn it on in the morning the problem would return, so i thought not turning off my power strip would stop it from happening again, until this morning when the issue came back without me turning off the power strip, so i decided it's time to go back to 10.0.0

0 Kudos
JTvair
Reel Rookie

Re: Is going back to Old software still available

Jump to solution

My Roku Ultra 4660X updated to v10.5.0 build 4201-46 on 11/18/2021 and has been broken since.  My Spectrum TV App and even Roku App do not work now and App menus load slow.  Spectrum techs cannot fix it.  I do not know how to Roku support.  I also would like instructions on how to go back to the previous software version which worked great.

0 Kudos
JTvair
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku Ultra 4660X updated to v10.5.0 build 4201-46 on 11/18/2021 and has been broken since.  My Spectrum TV App and even Roku App do not work now and App menus load slow.  Spectrum techs cannot fix it.  I do not know how to contact Roku support.  I also would like instructions on how to go back to the previous software version which worked great.

Ultra 4660X

update v10.5.0 build 4201-46

Living rm Serial # YJ00F8917196

Office rm Serial #Y J005W181218

MikeBowers

Jump to solution

vudu will not stream after update.  states unable to stream due to network error.  please try later.  it's been days with same error.

model:  4660X

S/N:    YJ0003128609

D ID:   CK3840128609

0 Kudos
slowmotion
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The rollback seems to have fixed mine with one caveat: Was getting slow or no connection to the internet. I switched the location of my ultra with an older roku that was closed to my router and that solved that problem. Interesting that my older roku gets a better connection from that location than my ultra did.

0 Kudos
kmiller14
Channel Surfer

Re: There is obviously a problem with the recent update, when is it going to be fixed.

Jump to solution

Same problem on my end. Called Xfinity cannot help because it's all of the apps and internet works fine on other devices. 

ROKU go back to 10.0 or give us the option to.  Right now my TV's are bricks.

0 Kudos
Quevellan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello Mike ( Newbie)... 😉

Please review previous responses by me and others that have successfully resolved this.  Basically you will want to use this Forum to Send a DM / PM Direct / Private Message to Roku Employee "RokuDanny-R", provide your devices Specs, Model, Serial#, DeviceID, OS Version.Build (from System > About, its Net Connection Type and speed/signal status etc).    And Request to have a Rollback Update back to Last Known Good OS Version of 10.0.0 Build 4209.  Wait for Private Reply (or email to you) informing you to recheck and reinstall the pushed update. Good Luck!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for you patience while we investigate the issue you are experiencing.

If you have not already provided us with your device information in this thread, please send me a Private Message (PM) with the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-summary of the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

For more information about how to send a PM, please see our Community post here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Welcome-to-the-Roku-Community/Welcome-to-the-Roku-Community/m-p/698230...

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator