Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: [OS 10.5] Ultra 4660X channel issues and slowness

Jump to solution

Please confirm the Roku OS version number installed. You can find it under Settings/System/About. The Roku support staff might also want the serial number, which is listed on the same page. Also, exactly which model Ultra do you have? The model number, please.

I have three different versions of the Ultra, and all are working fine. Just need to troubleshoot some things with you. Exactly what do you mean by you can't use any channel? Will they not load? Will they load but not work once loaded? Can you browse titles, but they simply won't play? I know you said "any channel", but could you list at least some of the channels you've tried to use?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Major bug with 10.5.0 software

Jump to solution

@redri01

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Is this error code happening on a specific channel or does it happen across all channels? Can you provide a photo of the issue you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I can’t PM you for whatever reason so I am just going to reply to this message. I am unable to use multiple channels, the search function is no longer working since the recent update.

model 4660x Roku Ultra

Serial YJ0090274798

version 10.5.0 build 4201-46

device ID CK4899274798

thank you

0 Kudos
Badgerfan3
Binge Watcher

Re: Fixed by software rollback - Ultra 4660X channel issues and slowness

Jump to solution

I send a private message and they rolled my system back to 10.0 … everything is working again. Just wish this could have happened 4 weeks ago.

0 Kudos
FrankKoch
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku update 10.5 just broke all of my channels same isssue

Jump to solution

I just checked and I forced a download of the older operating system on my Ultra 4660x.

Now back to software version 10.0.0 build 4209-46 after the update..........

go to settings> system>  about to see your software version

if not at 10.0.0 then

Settings> system>system update> and look to see if a download is available. 

If it is: download it ---  then look again for channel updates 

0 Kudos
rec4938
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model: 4670X - Roku Ultra

Serial: YJ0008833119

Software: 10.5.0, build 4201-46

im having the same issues with YouTube and HBO Max as everyone else

0 Kudos
Tnt81

Re: Network problems with new update

Jump to solution

Roku ultra same issues many channels not working after last update saying no / poor internet connection yet every other device in my house of which there are many are working and streaming fine.

please fix this. We own many roku devices and have never had this issue.

BrandE
Binge Watcher

Re: Network problems with new update

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same issue. System updated maybe 3 days ago now only Netflix will stream video, all other apps claim a network connection issue. I have tried all troubleshooting option rebooting Roku ultra and router, reinstalled apps, swapped Roku ultra with working Roku (different model) on another TV to no avail. Update is definitely the cause of the issue.

BrandE
Binge Watcher

Roku Ultra problems after update

Jump to solution

After a software update a couple of days ago none of the channel apps on my Roku Ultra are working except Netflix. Other than Netflix the apps, Hulu, HBOmax, Showtime, Starz, Prime, etc. all say there is a network connection problem. I did all the troubleshooting, rebooting device and router, reinstalled apps, changed networks, changed network channels, I even moved the Roku Ultra to another TV where there was a working Roku and swapped devices and still the Roku Ultra could not stream video on the apps. This problem is clearly because of the update because my Wi-Fi network is working fine, Netflix can still connect, and my other Roku is working fine with all apps

AC278283-BF6F-4079-9A44-58F957104F19.jpeg

1BAC44EA-60D1-4087-A26F-B00A20F90FBC.jpeg

1661345A-F045-4C72-8833-04F85C65BD37.jpeg

BB3ED12E-BBD3-4534-ACBF-4A46A6CF5D68.jpeg

259DABD0-BB66-403B-A2FC-7A4F98D4408C.jpeg

C637B4E2-9F79-4C54-8499-3953E7D31411.jpeg

0 Kudos
Quevellan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I can now confirm (as several others already have), that about 4 hours after my PM (Private Message) to Roku-Danny-R, I got a private response to re-check my Rokus > System > Update for a (Rollback) update waitingAs soon as the 10.0 build 4209 (Rollback) update re-installed and rebooted all else was immediately good and speedy!  Also some of the other channel app error messages went away as well such as DRM Errors, or No Network Connection Detected or Available (even though the OS 10.5 did show a good hardline ethernet at 93 Mbs).  So it seems at least some of the issue(s) involved unlocking and/or sharing the Network, RAM, and other Resources instead of blocking them (accidentally or intentionally due to DRM Digital Rights Management issues).

BTW, (By The way), if you don't see the Envelope Icon in the Upper Right at the Top of the Forum Page between the Bell Icon and your Forum Avatar Icon then you may have to use (View) enough of the community pages to Raise your Forum Avatars Level to get that icon to appear,  That is what you click to View Private Messages, then click New Message to compose a new one.  

0 Kudos