Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RGonenow
Channel Surfer

Re: Fixed by software rollback - Ultra 4660X channel issues and slowness

Jump to solution

Copied:  Roku rep Danny-R sent update overnight (to revert to 10.0). Upon applying the update (from 10.5 down to 10.0) my 4660X returned to normal. You might try a PM if you don't want sn numbers posted. End Copy.

This is what I posted in this very thread.

ROKU 4660X Ultra

OS 10.5 Build 4201-46

Device ID CK488D521496

I was not going to post my serial number in open forum and did not have to. As said in copy above I did have to apply manually the revert back to 10.0.0.4209 OS and upon doing so manually my 4660X works perfectly as it did before update to 10.5. Thanks RokuDanny. 

RGone...

0 Kudos
GreggB1
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Ultra 4660X channel issues and slowness

Jump to solution

I have sent E- mails and messages.   No explanation, no resolution.   I have been using Roku since 2016 and have recently moved to Roku Ultra.    Both Ultras stopped working after OS change .   This is my first real problem with Roku but their lack of response is concerning.   

pbajoe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I PM'd Danny my info so we'll see.  So much time wasted troubleshooting only to realize it was an unvetted Roku software update.  Already ordered a Fire TV box.  Anxious to test that out.

0 Kudos
jkd
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Badgerfan3 In answer to your question, I provided my device info to Roku so they could target my specific device with a rollback. 24 hours later, I checked my Roku (Settings > System > System update > Check now) and saw that an "update" from version 10.5 to version 10.0 was available, and I performed the update.

0 Kudos
dstonefire

Re: Network problems with new update

Jump to solution

I'm having a very similar problem. It was noted in the message chain that Roku is working on the problem. I'm not having any issues streaming through my Samsung TV (wired connection) or through my Roku Streaming sticks. Only my Roku Ultra 4660X wired device. It started happening a couple of days ago. Netflix streams ok but not Hulu, Prime Video, PBS, even the Roku Channel doesn't work!

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R,

I can't figure out how to DM you so alas I am posting this information in this forum publicly. Sucks but it is what it is. 

Device model: 4660X Roku Ultra

serial number: YJ00CX949497

device ID: CK391C949497

software OS version: 10.5.0

Issue summary--same as everyone else, since the update (about 5 days ago) only Netflix will consistently work, every other channel either doesn't work at all and reports a network error of some kind, OR works so glacially that I couldn't watch anything even if I wanted to. 

Excited to hear that it's as simple as giving someone the option of rolling back the software update. Looking forward to being able to roll mine back and use my device again. 

0 Kudos
redri01
Channel Surfer

Error code 4-402 - content cannot be loaded

Jump to solution

There is a major bug with Roku 4660x Ultra devices using software version 10.5.0. Error code 4-402 indicates content not being loaded.  Roku TV and sticks appear to work fine after recent software upgrade. Maybe one of the streaming services can help get their attention?

0 Kudos
erikj
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I reproduced the error.

1. Launched Sling. Works fine.
  2. Launched Hulu. Works fine.
  3. Launched Sling again: Will not load.
  4. Launched Hulu, Prime, etc. etc. --- none would load.
  5. Turned TV OFF (Samsung Smart TV)
  6. Unplugged Roku Ultra.
  7. Plug in Roku and turn TV back one.
  8. Test Hulu and all of my other streaming channels EXCEPT SLING -- and they all work.
  9. Launch SLING again. It works.
  10. Exit SLING and launch each of my other channels again.
  11. Launch SLING a second time, and it doesn't work.
  12. None of my other channels work from this point.

My workaround is this: After I watch SLING, I unplug the device, turn the TV off, then turn everything back on. From this point, all of my other channels work.

Model 4670RW

Serial YJ003V293831

Device ID KX9998293831

Version and build 10.5.0 4201-46

Tracker ID 31-467-839

SLING TV version 8.11 build 1669

0 Kudos
RGonenow
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Private message sending:
At the top of forum/blog is a bell and just to the right of it is what looks like an envelope. Click on envelope and it will open Private messages page. ON that page is NEW MESSAGE button. Click on it and follow the instructions for sending PM.

RGone...

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

not able to use any channels since the 11/18/2021 firmware update any idea when the problem will be fixed,is ROKU planning on giving refunds for the time I"m unable to use the devices.