Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sausage1
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Ultra 4660X channel issues and slowness

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Model: 4670X
Serial no: YJ00CR322790
Device Id: KW906C322790
Occurs on all channels but Netflix. I can only watch that channel. 
Tracker Id: 90-465-300

steps to reproduce: select any channel but Netflix and channel takes a absorbent amount of time to load and most shows I am unable to get to run. 

0 Kudos
jkd
Channel Surfer

Re: Multiple channel issues and slowness after 10.5 update

Jump to solution

Same problem here. Only Netflix works. Channels that no longer work include Prime Video, YouTube TV, hulu, and HBO Max. I rebooted router, rebooted Roku, reset Roku network connection, uninstalled and reinstalled channels on Roku. I am technically savvy. The problem is clearly with the Roku.

Model 4660X Roku Ultra

Serial number YJ006E862548

Software version 10.5.0 build 4201-46

Please issue a patch.

Thanks,

jkd

0 Kudos
uconnbill

Jump to solution

Model 4660RW-Roku Ultra

Serial number YJ007F675507

Software Version  10.5.9; build 3201-46

Device CS48C7675507

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for you patience while we investigate the issue you are experiencing.

If you have not already provided us with your device information in this thread, please send me a Private Message (PM) with the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-summary of the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

For more information about how to send a PM, please see our Community post here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Welcome-to-the-Roku-Community/Welcome-to-the-Roku-Community/m-p/698230...

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sylvainber

Jump to solution

Same symptoms as  most posters here on my Roku Ultra4670X since the OS 10.5 update:

Model                      4679X - Roku Ultra
Serial number         YJ005S265922
Software Version    10.5.0 - build 4201-46
Device ID                 KWA055265922
Micro SD card         23% used 

Wired Connection   93 Mbps

• everything is painfully slow
  • Netflix is the only channel working normally.  Channel and individual videos open right up at full 4K resolution
  • YouTube channel works albeit VERY slowly. 
    • Populating the categories on screen is slow
    • Opening a video is slow.  Some videos start at low res (blurry) - my system is 4K 
    • Some of the ads don't get played (black, silent screen for 5-15 seconds according to the ad duration - no real complaint here 😉
  • Paid subscription channels load and fail to stream before completely loaded 
    • (Amazon) Prime Video display network error message in multiple languages
    • WoW Presents Plus: channel opens but streaming fails when attempting to play any video in the channel - Error code -6
    • Rakuten Viki: Channel opens (slowly) and populates categories (slowly) but every video fails  at 'Loading 33%' (last indication on screen) - - Error code -6
  • 'Featured' advertising panel on the right of the home screen is empty 
  • The Roku Media Player channel still works with a USB stick

I've done all the troubleshooting: 

• switching network from wired to wireless... and back
  • multiple restarts (some with software update checks)
  • factory reset

I can watch all the channels at full resolution, speed and normal behavior on my laptop and android tablet (so i know my network is fine)

Please advise as to when Roku will fix the mess they created with OS 10.5.  This is causing me to miss on content I'm actually paying for.

This is my third generation of Roku and have loved the platform since the beginning.  This mess is causing me to reconsider.

PS:  OMG!  my Pandora Channel works!  (slow to load songs but it streams ok once loaded)

UltraUserRVA
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Big changes were apparently made with updates to the Roku in recent days. I have a Roku Ultra and I've noticed that coinciding with the updates you made, the performance of the unit has declined noticeably. The response of a number of apps (YouTubeTV, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video) is slower and seems to get hung up more than it ever has. It seems like more than a coincidence that it's happened at the same time as your software update. Others seem to be having similar issues. Roku might want to look carefully for possible bugs in the software update that are causing this. We've been very satisfied with the Roku units we have (including several "streaming stick" units), but our satisfaction might be eroding quickly.

pbajoe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After now experiencing all the slowness and errors and most of the channels no longer work (especially Discovery+ and Sling) and doing all of the steps (except for completely resetting my roku 4660x), I realize its time to buy a firestick and trash this data collecting beast roku.  If they don't care enough about QA and truly testing updates or issuing a fix for this 10.5 update, then they dont deserve my business.

Badgerfan3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

How patient are we supposed to be??? This weekend marks FOUR WEEKS that my Roku tv has been useless for anything besides Netflix. 

slowmotion
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue. Older roku's had problems after software update but seem to be working ok now. Roku Ultra is a load of **bleep** right now - tried all the fixes to no avail. channels won't load.

device 4660rw

ser# yjooay401209

device id c537ca401209

software os/update 10.5.0 build 4201-46

couldn't figure out how to send PM

0 Kudos
JF55
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Adding a micro SD card to my Roku cleared up the problem. This is the one I added, but a smaller capacity one may work. 

Lexar 128GB Micro SD Card, microSDXC UHS-I Flash Memory Card with Adapter - Up to 100MB/s, A1, U3, Class10, V30, High Speed TF Card 
0 Kudos