Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PawPawRon
Streaming Star

Re: [OS 10.5] Ultra channel issues

Jump to solution

Our ROKU ULTRA info you requested is as follows:

DEVICE MODEL: 4670X - ROKU ULTRA
SERIAL NR.: YJ0028485843
DEVICE ID: KW9982485843
SOFTWARE VER.: 10.5.0 - Build 4201-46

There is no one channel/network with an issue. They all have an issue. After waiting about an hour for your rep to get on a chat yesterday, he asked for the same info which was provided. He ultimately told me to do a factory reset and in the middle of it our chat was disconnected due to the time of going back and forth from one end of the house where the TV is to my PC. The reset went thru, the apps loaded (took forever) and everyone I attempted to log into either gave me an error right up front or on a couple I got in and when I selected a program it took forever and finally timed out. So it is ALL the apps.

Couple of other things for you to note so we don't go thru this back and forth stuff all over again.

The connection is showing Good with an avg of 54 to 58 Mbps (which is what it has always been)
I have a "Wired" connection
I went thru multiple reset, restarts after doing the factory reset. I did two reboots of the ROKU, router and modem. I turned the power off to ALL items for about 8 hours overnight and when I checked the Roku again, it was still the same issues.

I have never had any issues like this with the ULTRA unit before despite several updates during the course of it's use. I am nearly 70 and have been working with computers and audio visual equipment since the mid-1980s so although I do "not" consider myself an expert, I do know my way around doing self checks before I begin complaining.

One further note that I am not sure means anything but when the home screen comes up, your sidebar advertisement on the right side of the apps never loads up and that is after having it on for hours yesterday and again today.

EdFlorida
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 10.5] Ultra 4660X channel issues and slowness

Jump to solution

Same here. Yesterday I was the "lucky" one. After update I can't watch any Sling TV channel. I got in contact with them, they said the problem is with Roku. It is an Ultra. Can you send me an Express in return of my unusable Ultra?

EdFlorida
Channel Surfer

Re: Is going back to Old software still available

Jump to solution

Apparently, a brilliant mind didnt test the new version and now I have a paper weight that is totally useless... Is there a way to rollback the previous version, while you fire the poor technician who made this 10.5 version availlable?

HighMu
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here.  4660x.  Did a factory reset with no improvement.  Most channels fail with network error or other failure screen.  Network is OK as witnessed by working Shield TV and Firestick.

0 Kudos
HighMu
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Regarding device info...

Model 4660X  Roku Ultra

Software version 10.5.0  build 4201-46

Timestamp 2021-11-19T23:16:24Z

Issue ID 80-465-076

FWIW, I have a Premiere Plus on 10.5 that works OK.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hey, Roku, why won't you just roll us back to 10.0?  Your stock price is down 31% in the last month.  You KNOW you're going to get nailed with a class action suit and the longer this goes on, the more expensive it will get for you.  Imagine if all the Roku TV's are down over Thanksgiving weekend (no football!).  Don't be stubborn.  Just roll us back.  

Jump to solution

Have the same problems here.  Update 10.5 screwed up our ultra.  We did a factory reset and started all over and channels are taking forever to load (if they load at all).  Having issues with Amazon, HBO, youtube.  Finally gave up.  Please revert to previous operating system.  Model# 4670x, sn:  kw999g029328

0 Kudos
FRC

Jump to solution

Responding to Danny:

My problem began 11/16/2021.   I cannot access Hulu live, and cannot update my Roku device.  I have followed all trouble shooting suggestions, and have reached out to text support, spending many hours trying to resolve this problem.  The response I get, "known problem, we're working on it" from Hulu.  ROKU tech was useless, kept referring me back to HULU.  

Here is the information you've requested.

Roku device model: 

Roku Ultra 4660 X2

Serial Number:

YJ00A4355021

Device ID:

CK488A355021

OS/Software version:

10.5.0 build 4201-46

Thanks,

Floseta "Flo" Canada

0 Kudos

Re: Roku Ultra November 17th update causing apps to load slowly and some don't work at all.

Jump to solution

For me, Netflix works just as fast as it had before. But, Prime is extremely slow to load menus, and too slow to play content. Wifi download speed is 46Mbps according to the Roku.

0 Kudos
Mtnhorse
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I started having issues yesterday and when looking at my Roku Ultra (4670RW) I saw that it was just updated to 10;5;0 build 4201-46 earlier in the day.  The Serial# is YJ00C3988194 and the Device ID is KXA07C988194.  YouTube and Netflix load slowly, xFinity, paramount, Hulu and others don’t load at all. There needs to be a roll back option for updates just for this reason.

I have reset my router/modem, and the Roku box several times. I also tried switching from wired to wireless to no avail. 

Looking forward to getting this resolved.

0 Kudos