Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmcombs3
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Ultra 4660X channel issues and slowness

Jump to solution

My question is this: if it was the internet or ISP then why does my Roku Stick work just fine after the update but my Roku Ultra LT doesn't? 

0 Kudos
mallan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here. Got an update to 10.5 last night and now no channels will load. I've got a Roku Ultra 4660x2 with a wired connection - the connection test checks out fine, but every channel I try to view says there is a connection problem. The update effectively bricked my Roku, they had better fix it or offer a way to roll back pronto - this is completely unacceptable. 

0 Kudos
PawPawRon
Streaming Star

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku Ultra experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

Not sure if it will be of any help to the ROKU techs or not but the issues described here are what we have been having since the update was first noted yesterday afternoon. Despite countless hours of factory resets, restarts and reboots, we still cannot use the ULTRA unit on our main TV. 

What is strange about this is that we have a SHARP ROKU tv in our dining room and that received the update earlier than the ULTRA unit did and it has not had any issues with it.

Could it be just the ULTRA units?

arnieaquilino
Reel Rookie

Re: Is going back to Old software still available

Jump to solution

After the update to 10.5 last night, all 4 of my Ultras are useless.  I too want to go back to 10.0

KayJay62
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

"My question is this: if it was the internet or ISP then why does my Roku Stick work just fine after the update but my Roku Ultra LT doesn't?"

rmcombs3..

If every other device connected via the ISP is working as expected (including your Roku Stick), then the problem is clearly NOT the ISP, internet connection or the modem. The 2 Ultra units that I own got the update approximately 2 weeks apart. The first one to undergo to the problematic 10.5 update would only work with the Netflix app to the exclusion of everything else while the other unmolested unit worked just fine. After THAT unit was automatically updated, then both units were rendered only a little better than bricks.

We can only hope that Roku will resolve what they broke with this update, but if the threads on this subject going back to mid-October are any indication, I'm not optimistic.    

0 Kudos
saduser0
Channel Surfer

Re: Is going back to Old software still available

Jump to solution

Roku devs think the problem is already "solved"... We the customer is thinking 🤔 about a new TV and non-Roku box replacement.  Please give us the option of stopping non-essential automatic updates!  Especially if you can't test your roll-out thoroughly or follow-up with great software bug support!

sherryw625
Reel Rookie

Re: Ultra is also having loading issues

Jump to solution

My Ultra is also having loading issues was having spectrum coming out Monday to check internet but they get out here and find it's a roku issue quess who gets charged? Only had this unit a year but if y'all are putting out these kind of updates maybe I need to change streaming devices cause I am being charged for services that won't load...says a video-02 error..on Hulu and discover+ plus disney+...not happy with Roku!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Eichanod @KRICH 

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that we are currently investigating this issue that is affecting users with their devices.

If you haven't already, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
GLaMonte

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a roku ultra 4670x, serial #YJ00HX352657, Device ID KW906H352657, Software version 10.5.0 build 4201-46.

Ever since a software update on 11/17/2021 no channels except Netflix will connect. Just trying to open channel leads to the issue. Netflix is just fine. Internet always shows connected (using wired connection). Tracker ID# is 57-464-932 after incident.

Have reset both router and roku to no avail. Also tried on a different TV as advised by tech support. Same issues.

Seriously, what now?

0 Kudos